The Manager - Revenue Cycle supports UHS Acute Care Revenue Cycle Management operations, and maximizes the hospitals’ net revenue realization and cash collections outcomes.
Essential Job Duties
- Identifies practical, actionable improvement tactics to Revenue Cycle leadership within the CBO as how best to eliminate specific asset threats in the timeliest manner possible. Utilizes pattern analytics, industry best practice trends and commonly accepted business practices and tactics to yield highest impact recommendations available. Serves as a liaison and collaborates on behalf of the CBO Directors in order to enable process improvement activities and communications between the hospitals and CBO operations
- Provides leadership in the monitoring and analysis of revenue cycle processes to ensure maximization of net revenue realization, stable cash collections, avoidance of denials, low cost to collect, measured reduction to bad debt and solid EBITA
- Manages the assessment of assigned AR’s to identify risk and threats to account assets and work in conjunction with CBO and Treasury to ensure adherence to Asset Back Financing Program. Monitors key metrics to identify and resolve issues that are negatively affecting the Asset Back Program and/or contributing to denials of any kind
- Serves as a liaison in order to enable process improvement activities and communications between the hospitals, CBO's and corporate revenue cycle teams
- Provides for the direction and implementation of new systems and products and services, enhancements to systems and operational changes in workflow
- Provides support to, and participation with, Executive Leadership in facilitating the implementation of systems, processes, and procedures to insure regulatory compliance, and maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that directly or indirectly affect the revenue of the hospital
Bachelor's degree with 5 - 8 years' experience.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of revenue cycle systems, functions, policies and procedures, including experience with various revenue cycle operations, from scheduling, pre-registration, admissions to billing and collections of Accounts Receivables
- Must be very knowledgeable about Medicare and other governmental regulations, various payer trends, accounts receivable analysis, vendor performance and other industry-related processes
- Must have a proven record of identifying process improvement opportunities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Travel requirement: 25%