U.S. Anesthesia Partners (USAP) is the largest single-specialty anesthesia practice in the country with over 4,000 clinical providers and associates. By joining our team you will participate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. As an organization we are mission focused on delivering the highest quality in patient care and you will be directly supporting our talented clinical team. We extend this same commitment to quality to our associates and supply tools and resources that will ensure we win in the healthcare marketplace and support of USAP.
We are proud of our inclusive people culture that supports our associates to perform at their best. USAP is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates with physician services or related health care experience is a plus. We offer a competitive benefits package.
The Payment Posting Manager provides leadership, oversight, guidance and overall management of the Payment Posting Department, which includes developing and improving operational goals of department, staffing, training, development of staff, ensuring accurate and timely completion of cash posting, contractual adjustments, variance reconciliation and credit balance duties. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check before hire.
- Works with CBO Leadership to coordinate and resolve difficulties within the department by: implementing any process change and/or lead process improvement initiatives, reviewing and defining problems, suggesting procedural changes when necessary, and suggesting courses of action.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient review and resolution of payment variances and credit balances within the context of the CBO overall strategy and procedures.
- Maximize the number of electronic 835 payers and ensure they are set up to post electronically to the patient accounting system.
- Maximize the number of payments processed by the bank and transferred via lockbox to the CBO for posting.
- Assist cash application representatives with difficult situations regarding workflow, policies and daily job functions of the department.
- Provide training and on-going education for all employees of the Payment Posting Department as well as perform annual reviews, recommend merit increases, monitor staff’s day-to-day performance and perform coaching and counseling.
- Work with Managed Care and Collections Manager to identify payer issues/trends to ensure that contracts are corrected or payers are notified of payment issues.
- Serve as a liaison between the Finance Department, the Payment Posting Department and the bank with regard to banking and accounting for the lockbox, payments and refund checks.
- Utilize technology and processes to create an efficient and effective department, including lockbox capabilities, work list and other job tools, relationships and communication with billing, collections, and follow up with finance.
- Generate, monitor and review reports for the Central Business Office on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are current, work with CBO Leadership to ensure the Cash Application, and other department policies and procedures are comprehensive, and continually work with CBO Leadership to identify and create new policies and procedures.
- Participate in budget preparation and management.
- Develop and enforce the use of performance incentives, recognition, and disciplinary action while encouraging professional growth of self and staff.
- Responsible for mentoring Team Leader’s and developing their overall skills as Team Leads. Also, provide direction and assistance to Team Leaders in running the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate staffing levels in the department and interviewing job applicants.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with contacts at all agencies, patients, insurance companies, government entities, clinical personnel, other staff and management, to promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Participate in Special Projects required by Director(s) of CBO, USAP Providers or other USAP representatives
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or related area; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of Supervisory/Management experienceworking with Cash Application functions required.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent applications