National Retail Federation’s dedicated staff of more than 100 makes an impact in the lives of retailers, retail employees and consumers every day, and our collaborative culture reflects the passion and innovation of the industry we serve. A career at NRF offers opportunities for learning, travel and professional growth.
Learn more about working at the National Retail Federation.
NRF is seeking a Manager, Retail Strategy to join its Education Department. This position will be responsible for supporting the development and programming of content for live events, as well as the recruitment and subsequent management of speakers.
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration and take an energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Keeps current with business trends, technology innovations, and leading thinkers across retail and retail-adjacent industries, utilizing NRF and non-NRF media resources
- Strategically reviews and analyzes trends and industry knowledge and creates systems that communicate information in a format that helps others take action
- Executes findings into live and engaging conversations and sessions at NRFevents
- Researches and contacts content partners
- Assists with the successful delivery of all live-event educational programming, including conducting production and content calls with speakers and major keynote sponsors
- Manages internal and external content leads/resources (includes NRF staff members and external consultants) as related to educational programming for NRFevents
- Assists events marketing team to ensure all relevant messaging and materials (physical and digital) support the communities NRF’s events serve
- Assemble presentations and other materials delivered during sessions
- Composes speaker invitation letters and session descriptions
- Collaborates with staff to execute sessions at all NRFevents
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, finance or analytic discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business analysis, research, content development or business strategy consulting
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and information and present findings to staff at all levels
- High level of competency in building and delivering presentations
- High level of professionalism and ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside content partners and executives
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects or people simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Strong understanding of digital communication in all formats, social, .com, etc.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as a part of a motivated, driven team
- Highly organized, self-directed and deadline-oriented
- Travel approximately 3-5 times per year