Purpose of Job
The mandate of this role is to manage the credit risk strategies for Credit Cards and Unsecured Line of Credit portfolio in order to optimize risk/return for Canadian Banking in Global Risk Management.
The Manager will monitor key performance of retail unsecured credit portfolios through various analysis to develop actionable tactical recommendations.
The incumbent will drive continuous improvement in line management strategy effectiveness, leverage champion/challneger capabilities to confirm assumptions and justify changes, identify if any credit risks are or will become in excess of the Risk Appetite Framework and recommend changes to Credit Cards and Unsecured Lines of Credit risk management and business line strategies.
The incumbent will work closely with business line partners to ensure business strategies across the retail unsecured credit portfolio customer lifecycle are consistent with the Risk Appetite Framework.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Credit Card and Unsecured Lines of Credit Account Management Strategy Development
- Analyze line management strategies (limit increase/limit decrease) for retail unsecured credit portfolios
- Recommend enhancements to existing line management strategies, procedures and policies, based on identified opportunities to improve portfolio performance
- Leverage data mining experience to design and execute portfolio segmentation for the purpose of optimizing risk/return
- Maintain reporting and track all line management strategies for Credit Card and Unsecured Lines of Credit portfolio
2. Credit Card and Unsecured Lines of Credit RiskPortfolio Tracking
- Maintain reporting to monitor portfolio performance ensuring alignment with the Credit Risk Appetite
- Collaborate with provisioning team, tracking early warning indicators to identify changes in the portfolio which may impact provisioning estimates, and enhance risk strategies appropriately to mitigate risk
- Analyze strategy effectiveness, leverage champion/challenger capabilities to confirm assumptions and recommend changes, identify if any credit risks are or will become in excess of the risk appetite framework and make recommendations on how to mitigate.
3. Risk Appetite Framework alignment
- Ensure credit line increases/decreases strategies are consistent with Risk Appetite Framework. Recommend changes to business line strategies to ensure the Bank does not take on more credit risk than planned
4. Due Diligence
- As required participate on due diligences to assess the strategic initiates, current and future performance, and integration complexities
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- A minimum 3-5 years analytical experience, including statistical analysis and modelling, ideally related to Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills, including data mining, strategy and/or modelling development using tools such as SAS/SAS EM, Angoss, SQL, Hadoop or R, and experience with analyzing large datasets
- Strong communication skills essential with clients, vendors and management
- Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, presentation, project management and relationship building skills
Education and Other Requirements
- A University degree (or equivalent work experience) in statistics, economics, mathematics or computer science
Requisition ID: 22558