Manager, Retail Marketing
The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the center’s marketing efforts in support of the property’s strategic goals. The Marketing Manager will ensure that JLL’s marketing platforms (Marketing for Leasing, Marketing for Sales, Marketing for Revenue), tools and Core Practices are effectively employed to drive results and maximize client satisfaction.
Marketing Strategy Development & Management
- Development of the annual marketing plan for the property based upon the center’s strategic goals.
- Creation of marketing budget to support the marketing plan; ongoing monitoring of the marketing budget; monthly reforecasting and adjustment as needed to meet year-end projections.
- Otherresponsibilities include analysis of sales and statistical data, financialreporting, public relations, media buying, traditional and digital media management, program results documentation and general administrative duties.
Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Develop and effectively execute sales promotions, special events and internal and external communication strategies to drive tenant sales. Include retailers as appropriate.
- Establish an ongoing partnership with tenants to maximize individual store sales through retailer communications/sales promotions/visual merchandising, especially with tenants identified as “key retailers.”
- Work with Regional Marketing Manager to identify and implement all appropriate corporate programs.
- Effectively manage the center’s digital media programs (social media, mobile, web) as applicable.
- Effectively utilize market and consumer research to develop the center’s marketing plan and support the leasing efforts.
- Partner with the Leasing team to support the leasing efforts by compiling relevant information and creating professional, compelling sales materials.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the trade area including all competitive properties, market and customer demographics and available media.
- Partner with Specialty Leasing to develop and implement local and corporate ancillary income opportunities to generate additional revenue for the property.
- Review monthly sales reports to ensure a thorough knowledge of retailer sales; track key retailer and category trends.
- Cultivate and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities, professionally representing the property and JLL.
- Develop an ongoing public relations action plan as needed; send out press releases; track publicity.
- Follow corporate policies and procedures for all programs and events.
- Complete special assignments as directed by the General Manager and/or Regional Marketing Manager.
Provide Superior Client Service
- Collaborate with property team and regional resources to achieve client-driven property business goals while ensuring that JLL’s Core Practices are followed.
- Communicate with the client and regional team members as needed or required. Elements of communication to the client and team members may vary and could include: sales narrative; key retailer report; results of marketing for leasing, sales and alternative revenue efforts
Leadership, Motivation and Development
- Serve on Jones Lang LaSalle taskforce as assigned by Regional Marketing Manager.
- If applicable, provide constructive feedback, regular coaching and career development input throughout the year to help employees achieve performance objectives and develop their professional skills and capabilities.
- Schedule and manage day-to day operations of the Customer Service Center (where applicable).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years in retail, marketing, advertising or comparable business experience
- Computer literate, knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written), special event coordination and management experience along with the ability to multitask.
- Sales/negotiation skills a plus.
- Must have experience in managing budgets
- Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings.
- Strong team player
- 1-2 years retailexperience
- Shopping center experiencepreferred, but not required.
- Sponsorships/revenue generation experience