Los Angeles, CA
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 115 days ago
As a member of the Client Insights & Strategy team, the Manager, Retail Insights will provide analytical information and data to support News America Marketing’s retail selling efforts with its key retail partners in the West Region which include Walmart, Albertsons/Safeway, Walgreens, and Target. Specifically, this role will support the SVP, Shopper Marketing with both Established and New Business retailers. Within established retailers, the role is intended to provide analytical support to reinforce the efficacy of existing programs and help position NAM to be more strategically aligned with the retailer's priorities.. In doing this, it is hoped that this role will broaden and deepen NAM’s relationships with the analytical side of its retail partners where there has not historically been much, if any traction. The role is also designed to support the expansion of new revenue beyond NAM tactics currently authorized at established retailers. For new retailer partners, the objective is to use insights to develop selling stories demonstrating the value of NAM programming.
1. Provide analytical support and data in the preparation of retail insight reviews and analyses. This often includes deep dives into company purchased syndicated data (IRI point-of-sale & household panel, etc.) and preparing comprehensive analyses of category trends, key brand performance, promotion, pricing, competition, seasonal & regional performance, etc.
2. Support the Western Sales Division key retail partners (Walmart, Target, Albertsons/Safeway, Walgreens) by utilizing company research resources to address analytical and insight needs:
- Help position NAM's products and inform the NAM sales teams how to "better sell" these retailers to CPG partners, ultimately improving the ROI of NAM's programs
- Post evaluation of an in-store program or PFP
- Information to respond to retailers on NAM business Challenges
- Other program analysis and support (e.g. Digital, Merchandising, Trade, etc.)
3. Assist in all key retailer presentations by integrating data & information from multiple sources.
4. Act as a resource to the Division by providing guidance & training to the retail sales teams on the various types of syndicated information, what types of IRI and other information to pull and how to use the data to support client opportunities & analysis. Collaborate cross-functionally with other NAM sales, commercial and marketing groups.
5. Work closely and liaison with members of the Client Insights & Strategy “POD”, third party vendors and Sales in the development retailer ready information & presentations. Work as an active team member towards the completion and legal review of retailer information & presentations.
- Quantitative Orientation. Ability to manage multiple tasks with a keen attention to detail in a deadline sensitive environment. Negotiate and manage workload requests with other departments including Sales and Marketing. Prepare retailer ready presentations of analytical information.
- BA/BS, Marketing or other Business degree preferred, marketing, business, quantitative or analytic degree a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in analytics, either from a retailer, consulting practice focused on a retail, or a syndicated data company working directly with the retailer
- Experience directly working with at least one preferred retailer a must
- Preference to candidates with an understanding of Consumer Packaged Goods and Market Research/Syndicated Data as well as the retail landscape
- Experience working with proprietary and syndicated databases (Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, etc.) preferred
- High level of proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint is required
- Travel may be required up to 10-15% for client meetings with Walmart, Albertsons/Safeway and Walgreens as well as possibly other NAM Western Region offices in San Francisco, Dallas and Bentonville
- Daily on-site presence is preferred in the LA Office
- Proven record of delivering quality results on time
- Ability to use logic to analyze data to draw conclusions and convey or provide advice or consultation
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively both verbally and in written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others