Manager Restaurant Fine Dining
Less than 5 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
About the Company:
Caesars Interactive Entertainment (CIE) was formed in 2009 and operates online real money gaming in Nevada and New Jersey. CIE also owns the World Series of Poker (WSOP), the largest and most prestigious poker tournament in the world, and licenses WSOP trademarks for a variety of products and businesses related to this brand.
About the Role:
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Finance - CEBS, with an indirect reporting relationship with and accountability to the Senior Vice President of WSOP, and has responsibility over many aspects of a dynamic organization. Following are some of the key requirements for the position:
· Plans, supervises, and assists the team in performing daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify, and control financial transactions for CIE.
· Prepares and maintains the CIE forecast and budget, including preparation of the monthly actual vs. budget analysis.
· Plans, supervises, and coordinates monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis of consolidated profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow information.
· Plans, supervises, and coordinates through subordinates the financial and operational accounting functions for CIE’s WSOP licensing and sponsorship business. This includes review of all contracts, monthly revenue entries, proper coding of expenses, and payment processing.
· Plans, supervises, and coordinates the monthly corporate consolidation of CIE, including preparation of balance sheet, income statement, statement of stockholders’ equity, and statement of cash flows.
· Acts as a liaison between CIE and various other Caesars enterprise-wide finance and accounting stakeholders, including (but not limited to) tax, FP&A, SEC reporting, internal audit, and shared services.
· Monitor capital expenditures/projects for CIE.
· Provides responsive support to senior management financial data requests pertaining to existing or proposed third party content agreements, licensing deals, and other transactions.
· Responds to the needs of management at all levels for special reports and interpretation of financial results and related systems, as well as potential problem areas.
· Designs, implements, and maintains effective frameworks of internal controls.
· Coordinates completion of audits of internal controls and financial statements and assures timely responses to internal and external audit requests. Assures that corrective action plans are developed and implemented where needed.
· Plans, supervises, and coordinates the preparation of required regulatory/statutory reports and financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
· Identify and implement best practices to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
· Special projects as needed.
· Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferable including public accounting experience with a national firm serving publicly traded companies.
· Strong experience with SOX compliance.
· Experience working in a regulated environment.
· Prior HFM and Oracle general ledgerexperiencepreferred but not required.
· Strong communication and analytical skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, keeping in mind competing priorities.
· Ability to provide responsive customer service to internal customers.
· Proactive and forward thinker, capable of operating with minimal oversight.