Lead Nestlé North America activity on Responsible Sourcing delivering competitive sourcing differentiation to the Nestlé brands through developing stronger and healthier upstream value chains. Develop and implement stakeholder communication and audit strategies and support throughout the market. Drive execution of programs and relationships that foster Nestlé’s commitment to transparency, human rights, environmental protection, animal care, safety and health and business integrity.
• Develop and lead solutions (processes, standards, and systems) that are required to drive Responsible Sourcing Strategy in alignment to the local and global Procurement 2020 Vision.
- Drive the development of Market Responsible Sourcing strategies, from farm to factory, in alignment with Global and Corporate Procurement Responsible Sourcing OMP
- Hand in hand with Nestle Procurement Division, create and lead deployment of strategies and contracts with NGOs, NPOs, consultancies & private foundations to foster implementation of Responsible Sourcing operations at Market level
• Lead teams in the deployment of solutions within the Procurement organization and ensure alignment of Responsible Sourcing strategies to realistic goals and objectives
- Enable and support market execution of strategies through implementation of Nestle Group Policies, according tools, processes & coaching methods
- Ensure deployment and compliance to above market initiatives / drive change management in market.
- Coach and develop team members, ensure environment for optimal performance
• Drive appropriate key partnership within and outside of Procurement function.
- Create a responsible sourcing culture empowering people across zones and functions (procurement, marketing, agriculture, SHE)
- Develop Nestle long term organizational capability on RS through the coaching & development of team members
- Lead Market crisis management on RS operations ensuring one voice to external stakeholders.
- Represent the RS function internally to Market Taskforces on sustainability. On request back up of Zone Head of Procurement to sustainability related topics
- Support Zone and Market Businesses in external communication to consumers, customers, media and NGOs (e.g. Product Claims, Communication Campaign on sustainability performance or NGO partnerships)
• Define appropriate measures to follow-up, ensure compliance to the Best Practices and measurement process, and implement defined solutions in the Procurement organizations at market and above the market.
• External engagement
- Represent Nestle at industry associations (AIM-PROGRESS taskforces, etc.) & support AIM Leader on requests
- Represent Nestlé externally to Public RS media events
Other duties as assigned
Other Market HOPs (projects, etc)
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Manage Supplier DiversityAssociate. Lead Procurement organization in the development and implementation of Responsible Sourcing strategies across the NIM
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
• Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience required
• Master’s Degree or higher preferred
• 5 Years’ experience in Procurement or Responsible Sourcing/Upstream Sustainability required
• Recognized expertise on ethics and sustainable sourcing
• Knowledge of data management
• Experience in executing strategies until successful implementation
• Successful experience in change management at functional levels
• Theoretical & Practical knowledge of Tier 1 suppliers and upstream supply chains
• Skilled in representation to external parties & smooth resolution of complex situations with external parties
• Core knowledge of Corporate Business Principles and expert knowledge in areas of responsibility required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excel in conflict resolution; ability to drive internal and external parties to consensus
• Strong drive and resilience
• Ability to analyze complex issues
• Ability to manage ambiguity
• Proven ability to analyze and present findings in a clear and cohesive manner
• Maintain a high level of internal/external business acumen to mark trends and their impact on the business
• Ability to develop processes and/or to identify continuous improvements to help better coordinate activities
• Quick study with proven ability to manage change, ability to work across different teams
• Must be exceptional relationship builder and stakeholder manager and have the ability to form and grow own network