JOB SUMMARY: Develops and manages execution of strategic marketing plans for Resort Sales & Marketing Trade segment to ultimately achieve business objectives and financial objectives. Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with sales teams, supporting all marketing and messaging needs.
Develop strategic plans and recommendations to increase awareness, drive occupancies and increase revenues of all On-site Hotels through the meeting & events industry and its subsequent segments. Responsible for maintaining and evolving the Meetings & Events Brand, and all other business units with a group component (Youth, Leisure Group, etc.).
- Partner with Sales on the development and execution of integrated Annual Plans to maximize exposure of the destination, on-site hotels, and events – while continually assessing results and recommending adjustments to meet set goals
- Partner collaboratively with Integrated Marketing Communications to develop strategic and comprehensive marketing communication plans ensuring there is a consistent and cohesive messaging aligning with overall objectives and goals. Identify and implement initiatives that develop and strengthen positioning of the destination, hotel, and group business.
Partner with Hotel Conference Management teams to align product offerings, including – but not limited to, banquet menus, wedding programs, etc. across all properties.
- Develop campaign performance measurements and look back assessments; maintain ongoing business tracking as necessary. Maintain ROI on all marketing initiatives to ensure we are meeting business objectives and make changes as necessary to changing business demands
- Responsible for budget planning and management
Identify, develop and gather research, trends and insights on competition, markets and segments to provide innovative recommendations to drive the evolution of the business.
- Manage the update & distribution of all group related tools and collateral. This includes the maintenance of content, asset management & distribution of dedicated materials to relevant audiences & platforms
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, or Communications. MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of marketing or advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or tourism industry
- Strong analytical skills, proficiency working with data, analyzing information and report findings.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and proofreading skills.
- Prior marketing experience working in a team environment.
- Prior customer-facing operational experience at a hotel strongly preferred.
- Must be energetic self-motivated, a quick learner and demonstrate a strong personal desire to achieve results.
- Capable of multi-tasking, in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Extremely detail oriented and resourceful, ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Meetings and Events Industry is a plus.
- Analytical -ability to understand, analyze and report on data
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Communication, Oral & Written- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with partners and co-workers.
- Interpersonal/Collaboration – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work cooperatively to meet goals