$80K — $100K *
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Through research, advocacy, partnerships and outreach, JDRF is racing to find cures for tomorrow while striving to improve the lives of those with T1D today. JDRF positions its scientific resources, policy influence and strategic working plan to bring life-changing breakthroughs from therapeutic concepts to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research and is funding scientific research and clinical trials in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit
The Manager, Research Partnerships will be responsible for all operational and business aspects of JDRFI research projects within the Business, Domestic and International Partnerships portfolio. They will serve as a central point of contact for research business and operational matters for staff at JDRFI and/or other strategic partners. They will report directly to the Senior Director, Research Business and Clinical Strategy with “dotted line” reporting to the Senior Director, Research Operations.
The Manager will help drive the successful execution of JDRF’s research strategy by acting as a key point person for business development and alliance management. The Manager will provide project team leadership, including the management of JDRF’s external partnerships with industry and other non-profits. The Manager will also assist in landscape analysis, scouting for new business opportunities, and the negotiation and implementation of new partnerships. They will work as part of a larger team composed of scientists, program administration staff, clinical trial management staff, and senior management.
· Serve as a central point of contact for business and partnering activities both internally and externally, including with academic institutions, NGOs, and industry.
· Set up partnerships for success by strategically driving operational agendas, working directly with partners’ research operations and business teams.
· Provide strong pre-award partnerships project management:
o Serve as lead contact for contracts and agreements with external partners and grantees. Ensure JDRF’s interests are integrated into contractual negotiations. Negotiate IP and other terms as necessary, engaging counsel sparingly as needed.
o Manage timelines in accordance with the partnership’s governance to appropriately prepare awards for the JDRFI pre-award process.
o Inform budgeting, particularly with regard to co-funded work.
· Provide strong post-award partnerships project management:
o Conduct alliance management for JDRF awards, interacting internally and externally with scientific, research operations, business and administration personnel.
o Monitor and evaluate the progress of ongoing partnered awards, ensuring compliance to contract obligations and JDRF processes.
o Lead project management, including the creation and management of project milestones and timelines.
· Data Management:
o Ensure real-time tracking of leveraged funding statistics, partnered funds cash flow, and other partnership metrics as needed. Present to JDRFI Leadership regularly.
o Work hand in glove with Finance team to track royalty income and expectations.
· Additional Responsibilities:
o Field questions from grantees and others related to JDRF’s terms and conditions. Inform leadership on exceptions and best course of action. Engage legal counsel as necessary.
o Maintain confidentiality and security of all JDRFI and partners’ information.
o Assist with landscape analysis and scouting for new opportunities.
o Assist in establishing and implementing guidelines and standard operating procedures to promote efficiencies.
o Provide written and oral reports and presentations to external and internal stakeholders.
o Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by supervisors.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
· Contracting, legal or related experience required.
· Grant administration experience and/or project management experience is preferred.
· Prior work experience in a scientific research environment and/or a not-for-profit organization is preferred.
· Familiarity with scientific research/medical disease is preferred.
· Experience in organizing and leading committees, giving presentations, and generating written reports.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with others effectively and diplomatically, maintaining confidentiality when appropriate.
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed, fast-paced environment and to balance competing needs.
· Capacity to synthesize diverse information and formulate solutions to meet needs from various perspectives.
· Solid organizational and time-management skills. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and deliver high-quality and timely results.
· Master’s Degree or equivalent, with 1 or more years of professional work experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with 3 or more years of professional work experience
Valid through: 7/6/2021
$200K — $250K *
15 days ago
$150K — $200K *
15 days ago
$150K — $200K *
15 days ago