This a great opportunity for Consultants who are looking to transition to a corporate/industry role. The Manager, Strategy role will drive and support the growth of our Resale business. The role involves assessing high impact initiatives that contribute to strategic objectives and putting in place measures to help implement such initiatives. The individual must be highly analytical, can view the business from a number of different levels, can interact effectively with all levels of management, including C-level executives within the organization, and work with stakeholders to identify and implement new opportunities to grow the business. The individual will distill data and key metrics into insights that will help shape the future of the company.
The top candidate will possess proven analytical capabilities, stronger leadership skills and will be a strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
What we are looking for - a passionate, ambitious professional who is a:
- Business Driver: The team you will be a part of is in charge of driving the business forward, delivering incremental revenue and profit. This role isn’t a support function; rather it will be a growth engine.
- Analytics Expert: The secondary market for tickets is dynamic and complex, with hundreds of actors across thousands of events. Analytics experience will help us create value for Ticketmaster and also for content owners, resellers, and fans. They will have the critical ability to turn insights into business-building ideas.
- Persuasive Story Teller: You will be working on analytics that will be presented to Ticketmaster leaders across all functions and to third parties (leagues/teams/resellers). Translating and simplifying the data into true insights that will drive business strategy and change third party behavior is essential.
- Sprinter and Marathon Runner: We are lean and move fast; months of contemplation aren’t a luxury we can afford. But we aim to build long-term, sustainable approaches to limit rework and obsolescence and to give our partners the confidence we can stick to long-terms strategies and roadmaps.
- Cross-functional team player: We value transparency and helping one another. It’s how we roll. There is no “me” culture. Communication across the entire team will lead to greater individual success.
- Assist in all aspects of strategic analysis including but not limited to team/league contract negotiations, new opportunity identification, sensitivity analysis to support strategic options, market sizing, competitive intelligence, and KPI development
- Determine viability of new business opportunities (contract renewals, new products, partnerships, joint ventures, etc.) through rigorous quantitative analysis often with short turnarounds in high pressure environments
- Think creatively to develop new deal structures, selling tools, and new ways to create value for Ticketmaster and our clients
- Conduct hands on modeling/advanced analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information needed by senior leadership to answer critical questions
- Lead and/or support cross functional initiatives to drive actions as a result of business insights (the expectation is that you can not only analyze data, but also effectively communicate the underlying story and help see your recommendations through to execution)
- Effectively manage multiple projects at once and prioritize based on business needs and urgency
- Develop recommendations and clearly communicate results of analysis to senior management
- Collaborate with internal / external customers to develop initiatives that drive growth
- Act as expert resource in communicating and clarifying the drivers of results to business leaders
- Seek continuous process improvement opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies and improve results
- Direct and mentor other team members to help them advance their work product and grow profess
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of work experience post-undergrad, preferably in a demanding consulting or corporate strategy role
- Experience in building complex models from scratch
- Proven track record as an effective liaison between other functional areas
- Highly skilled in Excel, DOMO, SQL, or otherbig data software
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Comfort with large data sets
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Assertive yet professional demeanor, persistence and willing to lead the way
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.