The Reproductive Sciences Group at The Jackson Laboratory is looking for a Manager to lead the team. This position leads a high-throughput Reproductive Sciences (RS) operations team responsible for ensuring high quality, high-throughput service delivery for internal JAX investigators as well as scientists outside of JAX. The role is responsible for managing and developing staff and creating a high performance culture of continuous improvement and innovation to drive efficiencies and new product offerings.
- Oversee daily operations and service delivery
- Dynamic leadership and staff development
- Improve service quality, efficiency and product offerings through R&D
- MS in Reproductive Sciences or a relevant field plus a minimum of 8years of relevant lab experience. Must have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in assisted reproductive technologies including in vitro fertilization, in vitro maturation, sperm and embryo cryopreservation and recovery as well as related surgical techniques.
- Minimum 5 years management experience (preferably in a services environment) with demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff and effectively manage tasking, evaluation, skill building, and training. Experience in experimental design, linear/nonlinear models, mixed effect models, multivariate statistical analyses, handling of missing data, Bayesian methods, and/or machine learning
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and implement new instrumentation and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and utilize service and staff performance metrics to meet service and individual performance goals to meet service quality.
- Experience and proven success in staff management, mentoring, motivation and training, including the ability to delegate responsibilities and monitor activities of direct reports.
- Proven, demonstrated success in initiating and executing quality initiatives resulting in measurable increased efficiencies, measurable increased internal and external customer satisfaction.