Santa Monica, CA
Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
5 - 7 years
Posted 60 days ago
Overview of RAND
The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND's research and analysis address issues that impact people everywhere, including security, health, education, sustainability, growth, and development. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, RAND has close to 1,850 people from approximately 50 countries working in offices in North America, Europe, and Australia, with annual revenues of more than $315 million.
RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest. Our research is sponsored by government agencies, international organizations, and foundations. We rely on philanthropic support to pursue visionary ideas; address critical problems that are under-researched; and devise innovative approaches for solving acute, complex, or provocative policy challenges. RAND values objectivity and integrity in both its research processes and internal interactions. We emphasize a collegial environment that respects the contributions and dignity of all staff.
RAND is seeking a Manager of Regulatory Accounting & Reporting to be responsible for the preparation and submission of our regulatory filings to international, federal, state and local government agencies and the management all of the related audits.
Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
-Drafting tax schedules related to information reported in the annual 990 Form to support our external tax preparation firm.
- Reviewing routine regulatory returns such as census reports, property tax returns, sales/use tax returns, state registrations and escheat filings for all required states and jurisdictions.
-Managing RAND's relationship with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), RAND's auditor for federal government contracts and grants.
- Preparing regulatory filings for Associate Director's review.-Managing other regulatory audits, including, but not limited to property tax audits, sales/use audits, benefit plan audits and the annual OMB A-133 audit.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
-Consulting with, making recommendations to and training internal clients in areas such as timekeeping and handling unallowable costs.
-Experience with regulatory filings is required
-Experience with DCAA is highly desirable
-Experience with not-for-profit accounting, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) is desirable
-Knowledge of RAND and DoD security rules and regulations is desirable
- Must be highly motivated with consistent attention to detail.
- Must have superior communications skills; able to assess what information is needed and effectively communicate to all internal and external clients
BA/BS in accounting or tax related field required
Minimum of 6 years with 2 years of supervisory experience