We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K¹² a great place to work.
The Manager, Regional Special Programs oversees the special programs for a group of schools in the Northern Region,and is responsible for the development and implementation of all policies and procedures related to Special Education with support to Title I, English Language Learners and 504. The position also assists the Head of School with academic policies, procedures, and operations as they pertain to Special Programs for the entire school.
AS A MANAGER, REGIONAL SPECIAL PROGRAMS YOU WILL . . .
- Develops and supervises all special education procedures, including compliant enrollment of students with disabilities;
- Creates and maintains appropriate contacts with school staff as well as statewide organizations;
- Develops and disseminates "best practices" for special education in the virtual school setting;
- Helps train teachers in special education procedures, focusing on identification, compliancy documentation, and timelines;
- Provides oversight and guidance to contractors and related service providers;
- Ensures the compliancy of all special education documents including eligibility reports and Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
- Oversees all school, local, state, and federal compliance reporting;
- Ensures fiscal compliancy for Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part B funds and Title funds;
- Alerts the Head of School of all changes in local, state, and/or federal special education practices and laws;
- Collects data for internal studies of special education;
- Works directly with parents and students (both regular and special education) where necessary;
- Ensures that special education students are an integrated part of the school's culture/”fabric”;
- Works through the Head of School with the school's attorney on legal and compliance issues.
RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Do you communicate well?
- Can you build customer confidence?
- Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action?
- Is your manner honest and straightforward?
- Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines?
- Do you value others' opinions?
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Special Education administrative experience
- Experience with local, state and federal laws and reporting
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook Word, Excel; student database software; Internet research
- Travel up to 75% of the time to support schools in the Northern region in their implementation of special programs
- Michigan residency not required
- Ability to pass required background check /li>
- Experience as an online educator
- Licensure as Special Education Director
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition Number 18-3734