A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing, establishing and implementing market and distributor strategies across all assigned brands. Develops sales and expense budgets, organizational objectives, personnel development and distributor/market objectives in line with the overall goals and objectives of senior management.
This position will serve Rheem's RAYPAK division and is located in the northern Midwest East to New England.
• Achieves regional strategic growth objectives including revenue, margin, expense management, new market development and other objectives as assigned by the National Sales Manager.
• Establishes and Manages assigned District Sales Managers strategic and tactical goals including sales, margin, expenses, new market development and other objectives as assigned by the National Sales Manager.
• Grow profitable sales through existing and new accounts.
• Works with District Sales Managers (DSMs) to develop annual business plans for individual distributors and new/existing markets. Assist DSMs in the execution of these plans, continuously monitor and evaluate DSM plan results to direct action plans to achieve goals when necessary.
• Reviews and approves budgets/goals of all assigned DSM’s. Review/Approve certain Co-op and market development expenditures as indicated by the Division’s policy.
• Identifies under-performing markets and distributors and develop appropriate business strategies to mitigate poor performance.
• Monitor and report on local market pricing conditions. Work closely with the internal resources to maintain a competitive position and maximize Division earnings.
• Recruits and develops division field sales personnel to build a high performance organization. Perform annual performance reviews and set goals of the assigned DSM’ and staff. Lead the Region Sales Team: coach, motivate, direct, hold accountable, and discipline as necessary.
• Develops, implements and manages an effective regional sales and marketing plan to meet the overall goals of the region and division.
• Provides input and feedback on products, programs, and overall customer service to the Senior Sales and Marketing Manager and other appropriate senior members of division management on a regular basis.
• Implements training programs and sales strategy for assigned sales staff to increase selling skills and results.
Required for All Jobs
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or related field
• 4-6 years Field sales, Business Development or related
• 2-4 years Managing the activities of a field sales force or agents
Rheem Required Skills
•Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
•Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software
such as MS Office Suite and CRM sytems.
•Demonstrated ability to work well with others is a matrix team environment.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
•Experience with and knowledge of assigned product line markets and
•Ability to create and execute strategic plans.
•Ability to build consensus on key division strategies and programs.
•Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in an independent manner.
•Must be capable of analyzing and interpreting industry related
•Experience managing and administering a budget.
•Ability to develop customer and area specific marketing/sales growth plans.
•Demonstrated skills in business planning and customer analysis required.
•Must be capable of traveling extensively, including driving or flying at least 2-3 days a week.