DescriptionThe Manager, Regional Sales for Oil and Gas Midstream solutions isresponsible for generating sales opportunities and closing them in order tosupport the Energy Solutions Operational and Commercialproduct lines. This includes leak detection, scheduling, volumetric accounting and optimization products. Our customers transport and store liquid hydrocarbons andchemicals in the (midstream) pipeline, terminal, and marine space. The ideal candidate is a tenacious self-starter who can quickly learn the products and sell them. The sales cycle within this space can be from 6months to 2years.
The position is based in Houston. You will carry a sales quota and manage Sales Managers, assisting them in quota achievement. You and your Sales Managers will call on headquarters, and primary facilities of our prospective customers. The territory is US based companies and travel is largely in this area. This is a professional sales position and the candidate is expected to be able to sell to high level executives. This is a consultative selling position. The candidate must be able to identify needs and opportunities, and provide solutions to meet these needs.
- Communicate and make strong connection with C-and VP-level executives
- Listen to customers and define solutions in a consultative manner while selling the software and implementation services.
- The successful candidate must be able work multiple threads at the same time.
- Getting results, reaching out to prospects (sometimes through cold calls), building relationships is key.
- Directs the sales of the organization’s products and/or services in a specified region or other major geographical area.
- Is responsible for oversight and support of Sales Managers to ensure sales growth targets and other division initiatives and requirements are met.
- Manages sales activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Coordinates sales distribution by driving quotas and goals, and advises distributors and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Prepares annual regional sales forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential and in preparation of sales expense estimates for region.
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, discount rates, and develops sales campaigns to accommodate goals of the Company.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of business to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists Sales Managers in development of sales presentation, proposals and licensing documentation.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Manages three or more Sales Managers and is responsible for their overall direction, coordination, and evaluation.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Additional InformationMust be able to travel 40-60%. Requirements
- BS degree and 10+ years sales experience to the Oil and Gas market or MSdegree and 5+ years of sales experience to the Oil and Gas market.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to communicate at all levels within our client's organization
- Experience in the petroleum industry, preferably in the transportation (pipelines and terminals) space
- Familiarity with enterprise software implementations involving multiple departments.
- Problem solver - In some cases, the applications address process inefficiencies which requires good problem identification (find the inefficiencies) and good problem solving.
- Strategic Thinker - Organized and driven
- Ability to identity and develop new opportunities and manage the sale to successful close.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work with customers and establish needs, mapping these need to the products and services sold by Emerson. Will need to assist Sales Managers in the sales processes and move deals to close.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.