- Shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience while performing work within a store, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Supervises assigned programs and visits stores on a routine basis
- Assigns daily operational responsibilities, tasks and sets expectations for assistant managers and shift leads.
- Acts collaboratively with Area leadership in the creation of strategies and development of best practices and comprehensive plans to optimize market conversions. Maintains relationships with retail executives and market leadership to ensure the execution of operational strategy and meeting of market needs.
- Oversees the management of implementation projects from inception to completion, including a post-mortem review to ensure the implementation of best practices and continuous improvement for future projects.
- Business Performance Management
- Has assignment to a specified market, aligned to Regional Vice Presidents. Provides business owners with documentation of the process to ensure transfer of knowledge Assimilates field team feedback and information from store visits to ensure and support continual process improvement.
- Conducts regular update meetings with RVP to evaluate region level performance. Facilitates collaboration between Store Managers to share best practices.
- Reviews & cascades information from Support Center & RVPs via conference calls, area meetings to Regional Implementation team.
- Communicates regularly with managers and team members through one-on-one discussions, group meetings as needed, and in writing to keep them apprised, solicit input, answer questions and ensuring communication is open.
- Training/Personal Development/Engagement
- Participates in training and supports training efforts where necessary. Seeks opportunities to receive management and leadership training.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, increasing knowledge of retail, pharmacy and management fields, seeking and sharing best practices.
- Develops and attends community events by collaborating with field leadership & store managers.
- People & Performance Management
- Monitors and approves employee pay rates, increases and short-term incentives.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of retail management and/or project management, OR High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of retail management experience and/or project management.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including extended days, evenings, and weekend hours.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 3 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willingness to travel 85% of the time for business purposes (within region but not limited to).
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers.
- Walgreens Operations Experience.
- Experience with leading projects (for example: organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
Job ID 172198BR