The Manager, Professional Services is responsible for the enablement of our Professional Services team. This role is a combination of career development, technical development, and coaching. This critical role is designed to elevate our Consultant base to be more productive, refine skills, and focus on the delivery aspect of the organization.
What you’ll do…
- Oversee the Professional Services team including responsible for the hiring, development, retention, utilization and management of the business consultants.
- Provide support and guidance to consultants on technical, delivery, and operational issues and help them work through obstacles to their success.
- Drive utilization of consulting practice by staying ahead of market needs and development of technical resources
- Design the technical portion of new hire enablement and ramping for Professional Services team members using appropriate instructional methodologies.
- Develop and maintain “Playbooks” for all pre-packaged efforts.
- Develop and maintain “Leave Behind” documentation for consultants and customers.
- Create and maintain Development Plans for all technical resources within the organization.
- Drive the “Hiring Template” based on traits supported by skills and experience.
- Work with Professional Services leadership, the Training Team and product experts to identify training needs and solutions.
- Leadership and management of the Professional Services team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Participate as an active member of the Professional Services Management Team, which includes ensuring collaboration to drive the direction of both outward-facing customer consulting business and inward-facing enablement programs.
- Drive measurement of the effectiveness of packages and delivery.
- Provide feedback on services materials (internal/external) and help to improve them based on delivery experience.
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are….
- Passion and Conviction: Passion for being the “Coach”. Love seeing resources exceed and helping them to achieve their goals faster. You have passion for consulting and learning.
- Technically Savvy : Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and use of Tableau and 3rd party related technologies. You have knowledge of databases, warehouses, business intelligence systems and data analysis tools.
- Experienced. : Solid knowledge of the Business Intelligence industry and data visualization best practices.
- Detail oriented : Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills along with strong interpersonal skills and relationship building are a must. You have strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Problem Solver : Analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills.
- Service Minded : Customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, and high work standards.
- A True Team Player : Strong teamwork skills. You can effectively gives and receives feedback.
- Performer : Strong work ethic with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- 2+ years’ consulting experiencepreferred
- 2+ years’ experience with Tableau software or another BI product is a must
- 2+ years Team Leadership – project or direct management
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent; MBA or advanced degree is an asset