PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manages high volume of transaction activity, handling the negotiations of existing portfolio of medical clinics and office leases. Directly interact with landlords and business unit stakeholders in all leasing transactions. Provides strategic and tactical advice, oversight, support, guidance and expertise to the business owners, support teams and outside contractors/agents. Ensure efficient and appropriate execution of the transaction business in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory standards and requirements. Develops and implements strategies and initiatives pertaining to leasing real estate activities ensuring alignment and achievement of department and company strategy, goals and objectives. Manages team of real estate staff assigned to team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes negotiations to closure on high volume of leases within divisions as assigned.
- Ensures all results are recorded and reported by their respective Real Estate Specialists or support teams.
- Perform transaction activity for lease renewals, relocations, expansions and dispositions for field management team.
- Strive to reduce old vs. new rent reduction term savings and other occupancy costs in a transaction.
Manages workflow and workload to ensure optimal achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Ensures the transaction workload and projects satisfy all critical dates (such as option dates) and that any issues or discrepancies are addressed appropriately.
- Monitors critical date requirements to ensure compliance with applicable standard procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all project timelines and milestones are met as required.
- Provides updates regarding project and transaction status to management as needed.
- Negotiates and resolves Landlord/Tenant matters as needed.
- Performs transaction activity in connection with problem/project resolution as requested.
Oversees all transactional outsourced service providers engaged to handle overflow in transaction workload.
- Assigns workload volume to service providers.
- Scrutinizes all transactions and related project activity workload to meet critical deadlines
- Contact the pertinent agency per agreement to retain the appropriate resources.
- Manage contractors and monitor their activities to ensure appropriate execution of functions according to company and regulatory procedures and requirements.
- Interface with, support and advise company operations RVPs and GMs from project start to completion.
- Receive RFP’s (Request for Proposal), draft proposals and provide lease comments.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Build productive working relationships. Interfaces with various levels of management across organizations and with external customers.
- Utilizes current in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise to provide complex financial analysis, advice, and legal interpretation to internal customers as requested. Provides advice to field and divisional management regarding the company’s rights and obligations pertaining to leases.
- Provides informal education and informational presentations to field management teams to familiarize the managers with the functions and services provided by the Real Estate Portfolio Management department. Answers questions and addresses issues as appropriate.
Assists in the implementation and the ongoing development and maintenance of the Real Estate Database. Monitors and manages the activity and project workflow reporting,
- Monitors and analyzes otherreports such as reports indicating the number of deals executed, any savings realized, and the timeliness of the transaction projects.
- Performs Real Estate Database quality assurance by conducting ad hoc audits and evaluations.
- Manages the real estate staff; providing leadership and guidance, working together to set departmental and individual goals and objectives in alignment with those of the company. Provides informal feedback throughout the year.
- Executes on multiple ad hoc projects as assigned and represents the Real Estate Portfolio Management department on cross functional teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contracted and/or direct employee Real Estate staff
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Business/finance major preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Experience in Commercial leasing and Transactional work required:
- 6 – 8years real estate portfolio, transaction, or administration management
- 3+ years of program and or supervisory experience
- Ability to understand, interpret and abstract complex Real Estate Lease terminology
- Strong planning, prioritization, and deadline management
- Relevant experience in a fast paced, multi-project, operational environment
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing. Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical, data interpretation and problem-solving skills
- Must be intuitive, creative, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft’s Office Suite as well as using Real Estate Management Software a plus.
Job ID 18000FQZ