The Manager is responsible for all aspects of front end Revenue Cycle Management: Claim batching, scrubbing and submission, eligibility verification and assisting the Central Business Office with denial management. This position ensures that all billing activities meet the standard of regulatory requirements with the highest degree of integrity.
Responsibilities:Team Lead Management
- Supervises associates, providing direction and guidance that fosters a team environment through training, recognition / evaluation, and in-service education which produces optimum work habits.
- Mentors and coaches to achieve highest level of competency of leadership and associates.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to the RCM department that support the management philosophy and division financial goals and objectives.
- Monitors best practice standards in a billing office environment including days in A/R, cash/net revenue, A/R aging, denials management, credit balances, and other relevant performance indicators.
- Completes weekly/monthly reporting to management, as required.
- Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes.
- Works at the client location in Syracuse, NY
- Serve as the day-to-day contact / liaison with the client
- Ensure deliverables are prepared and executed per client's expectations
- Establish client meetings (weekly/bi-weekly/monthly)
- Escalate client issues to management as appropriate
- Monitor daily / weekly / monthly KPI reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organization – Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
- Communication – Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally.
- Leadership – Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
- Analytical Skills – Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
- Client Orientation – Establishes and maintains long-term client relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Policies & Procedures – Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- PC Skills – Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications; ability to learn, Netsmart CareRecords. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
- Technical Skills – Knowledge of medical terminology; strong understanding of revenue cycle management principles for the handling of high volume billing, cash posting and AR management.
Work / Educational Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five years (5) minimum of medical billing, cash posting, and charge entry experience.
- Two years (2) minimum of associate management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Health Care Administration desired and / or extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree