As Purchasing Manager, you will manage the overall procurement activities as related to raw materials, chemicals and packaging as required to supportprocessess and operations for Huntsman's North American Performance Products Business Center facilities; oversee the purchasing activities of Huntsman's Performance Products division raw materials and chemicals buyers; negotiate term and spot supply contracts as required; and maintain a close working relationship with the Performance Products Business Center to ensure the purchasing related needs of the business center and production facilities are met. Coordinates closely with global purchasing teams to leverage purchasing power between the regions..
What will be expected from you?
- Negotiate term and spot raw material and chemical supply contracts as required by the Performance Products Business Center with a keen focus on ensuring goods are competitively priced and strategically purchased
- Establish and maintain close lines of communication with Performance Products production facilities and business center regarding the procurement of materials in the desired quantities and desired delivery requirements and to exchange raw material market information/forecast as needed to support business center and operational decision making
- Ensure that goods are obtained from approved sources, meet existing quality and performance standards using proper purchasing practices which include ISO, Sarbanes-Oxley and purchasing procedures compliances
- Develop and maintain strategic sourcing strategies while ensuring productive supplier relationships
- Provide leadership, guidance and developmental training as required to direct reports in a manner that promotes professional growth and job success
- Issue or approve purchase orders if/when required, and resolve purchase order/invoice descrepancies as needed
- Provide Purchasing Director with reports and updates on supplier issues and raw material markets. Assist Director in establishing qualility and quantity of materials procured at production facilities
- Business related travel, business related functions and extended office hours as required.
- Work with internal EH&S and QA departments to track and mitigate supplier nonconformance issues
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Demonstrated success in the above key accountabilities and responsibilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical field with 5+ years related experience or 10+ years of applicable chemical industry strategic purchasing experience
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or documented progress toward this certification a plus
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Performance Products products, raw materials & feedstocks, businesses and markets a plus
- Prior experience leading teams is highly desirable