Manages daily activities and staff, maintains appropriate usage and levels of supplies, and maintains departmental short and long term administrative goals. Performs a variety of technical duties.
- Provides leadership to Radiation Therapy & Oncology team members and supervisors by communicating and guiding toward achieving department objectives.
- Develops, communicates, and builds consensus for goals in alignment with the health system.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely fashion.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of both Operating and Capital Budgets for the Department; develops PI information at the direction of the leadership.
- Manages a staff of Radiation Therapists; develops and implements working/rotation schedules for the above staff covering work week; organizes the technical aspects of the department including: insuring that all therapists and aides understand the working of the department and the roles they fulfill.
- Improves patient relation by maintaining a smooth flow of patients for treatment and/or other procedures; handles patient problems and complaints immediately; refers patients, as necessary, to appropriate medical personnel.
- Standardizes procedures to ensure efficient, accurate treatments by observing and overseeing patient set-ups and technical practices initiating the use or proper localization and immobilization devices coordinating technical staff meetings.
- Orient and train new Radiation Therapists and Aides; conveys the instructions of the physicians (Radiation Oncologists) as appropriate and ensure they are carried out appropriately.
- Schedule and sponsor technical in-services; investigates unsatisfactory procedures and/or problems and make recommendations for their solution.
- Gives advice regarding the technical quality of radiation therapy equipment and recommends the purchase of new equipment; orders replacement supplies, medical and non-medical, as required and keeps a good inventory of all necessary supplies for the various treatment units; constantly scrutinizes all treatment areas to ensure a high standard of technical performance and quality patient care.
- Participates as a member of the departmental Performance Improvement Committee; oversees and approve all daily and weekly quality assurance procedures for each treatment machine in the department; develops and measures technical performance, documents and presents to Administration.
- Maintains ongoing communication and cooperation with other departments.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Current License to practice as a Radiologist in New York State, and Current Radiology Technologist Certification in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience and 2-5 years of leadership / management experience, required.