Responsible for Financial Reporting and Accounting (FRA) services for USCO, Novartis Business Services (NBS) for the US Record to Report (R2R) organization. Works collaboratively between function leaders as a point of contact in the FSC for various FRA matters including, month-end closings, financial reporting, balance sheet review / reconciliations and treasury matters. Responsible for various x-divisional services and projects.
• Primary point of contact for Corporate and NBS functions for accounting matters such as, reconciliations, inter-company process, asset management, and support of new reporting initiatives.
• Monthly close activities and data validation analysis including BSR and FcRS reporting package review.
• Understanding and applying observations to operational issues in compliance with International Accounting Standards (IAS) and the Novartis Accounting Manual (NAM).
• Assisting with process improvement initiatives where appropriate. Create tools, processes, reports and metrics to drive and monitor these improvements..
• Collaboration with key stakeholders, including senior level divisional business col-leagues, both internal and external accounting authorities/auditors, and Division and Group Financial Reporting and Accounting, and ensure appropriate communication with these stakeholders when questions regarding accounting/reporting matters arise.
• Assist in the preparation and conduct of meetings with these stakeholders on key accounting and reporting topics.
• Support fact-based decision-making and pressure test and challenge business initiatives and assumptions on an ongoing basis.
• Assist with various escalated NBS, USCO and treasury related issues and disputes.
• Assist / lead cross department process improvement initiatives
• Actively support NGSC, FSC and business units working style being inclusive, proactive, respectful, and results driven in alignment with Novartis Values and Behaviors
• Act service oriented to enable service lines to deliver a high-performing organization and drive improvements/standard solutions while cultivating a customer service focus culture
• Ensure all processes, policies and procedures are clearly defined, fully documented, in line with Novartis standards and consistent with best practices as well as aligned with the Global Blueprint
• Ensure compliance with Novartis Accounting Manual (NAM), Novartis Financial Controls Manual (NFCM) and regulatory requirements and implementation in internal guidelines
• Ensure application of agreed Novartis control procedures and actively support to deliver SOX certification
• Promote a strong and control environment and follow up on audit issues and implement correcting measures
? University level degree in Business Administration/ Economics/Finance or / MBA desirable
? CPA or Tax specific qualifications
- +5 years of Accounting/Reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively
- Solid depth SAP knowledge preferred
- Experience of managing projects driving performance
- Good people skills, leadership exposure