Hill-Rom is a $2.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions.
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Quoting Operations & Design Services position will drive the implementation of consistent solution quoting practices as well as consistent design solutions used in sales, sales operations, implementation, and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Team Management
- Lead remote quoting and design teams for CWS products, including Sales Engineers, Quote Analysts, and CAD Specialists.
- Coordinate with Sales, Project Managers, Implementation Engineers, and Sales Operations to determine distribution of quoting and design work and scheduling of proposal completion and design walkthroughs.
- Create quote and design accuracy and throughput metrics to define team success. Deliver regular individual performance feedback to employees and team performance feedback to CWS Management.
- Execute employee onboarding and training. Ensure ongoing employee education and development.
- Drive Quoting and Design Standards
- Lead standardization of quoting and design practices. Ensure the creation of accurate quotes within the timeline and system designs that deliver on customer expectations defined by Sales teams and end customers in project scope.
- Trend quoted offerings and product designs in order to provide feedback to Marketing and Sales and Services. Describe quoting frequency and variance between project estimates and delivered actuals to provide visibility to project profitability.
- Create best practices for final design drawings, including CAD standards, templates, version control, and volume to assist in offering maintenance and forecasting storage.
- Collaborate with Marketing on quote design and appearance. Work with Services team to determine proper expectations within project Statements of Work (SOW).
- Cooperate with Marketing, National Accounts, and Sales Operations to manage the entry and updates to GPO and IDN pricing.
- Constantly evaluate quoting processes and tools to ensure efficient quote operations.
- Periodic site visits will be required as projects and employee training require
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical, managerial or related field
- 5+ years of proven success working in proposal creation solution design, sales engineering, or operations
- Proficiency with automation tools with the ability to create and update professional, customer and contractor facing outputs. Results-oriented mindset with a demonstrated competency to lead and influence others to accomplish goals
- Experience with process creation and improvement. Experience with Lean, Six-Sigma, and Kaizen projects preferred
- Strong project, program and change management skills
- The ability to demonstrate the successful accomplishment of objectives, through guidance & management of teams
- Sound business judgment and ability to sell ideas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Root cause analysis & barrier removal skills
- Experience leading multi-functional teams and driving projects to completion
- Knowledge and experience in Implementation Services/Logistical Operations
- Ability to perform financial analysis & reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively to groups
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to drive and implement change throughout the Service organization
- Ability to comprehend strategic direction, translate into action, and make effective decisions to execute the defined strategy