Manager, Quantitative Analysis - Capital Markets
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager,QuantitativeAnalysis -Capital Markets
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
As a Quantitative Analysis Manager within the Model Risk Office, you will be part of the model validation team, working on the validation of capital markets and stress testing models. Some of the models the team covers include, but not limited to, derivatives valuation, term structure models, investment securityvaluation and OTTI. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working closely with business leaders to influence business strategy. With a network of over 200 quantitative analysts and statisticians, we’ve created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading model validation projects in capital markets, assessing the methodologies and processes used in model development, evaluating the model performance and, wherever applicable, developing benchmarking models
- Solving business problems with limited data and making conclusions with analytical justifications
- Providing constructive and actionable solutions to model issues identified
- Independently research, identify and prototype industry best modeling practices
- Communicating validation results to management, model owners, regulators, and auditors
- Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to innovate solutions to business problems
- Collaborating horizontally in risk management, assisting in other validation resource gaps as needed
- Master's degree
- 3 years in no-arbitrage pricing, interest rate modeling or fixed income modeling
- At least 1 year of experience programming in C, C#, C++, Python, R or MATLAB
- Doctorate in quantitative fields
- 5+ years in no-arbitrage pricing and interest rate modeling
- 5+ years in fixed income analysis and/or hedging
- Hands on experience with Polypaths, Murex, Calypso, QRM, Intex or Trepp
- Direct work experience with Option Adjusted Spread (OAS) methodologies and Monte Carlo simulation
- Skilled programming in Python, R or other open-sourced languages
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.