Manager, Quality Systems & Standards
FUNCTION & SCOPE:
Provide technical support to seven vegetable production facilities in quality systems development, implementation, food safety, continuous improvement, quality control, and commissioning of new products/processes. This position will possess the Preventative Control Qualified Individual credentials to support the manufacturing facilities. Audit and validate facility HACCP and Food Safety Plans annually and assist with GAP closure. Ensure that Del Monte products meet corporate quality standards and that production facilities comply with corporate, USDA, FDA, and 3rd party requirements in order to meet customer's expectations. Assure food safety standards are consistently met by assisting plants with maintaining and improving scores for BRC-Global Standard for Food Safety certification process, FSMA requirements, DM Quality Systems continuous quality improvement initiatives, and compliance with all regulatory agency requirements and laws. Provide guidance to the Quality Systems and the overall Quality Plan for Vegetable QA as well as the broader organization.
- Develop procedures and QA model programs, and provide training and assistance to seven vegetable facilities in maintaining certification in the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, in order to meet customer quality and food safety requirements.
- Review and approve label and packaging graphics for accuracy and compliance to product specifications and labeling requirements.
- Develop (or assist plants with developing) commissioning plans for new or modified products, equipment and processes, provide leadership as an active member on commissioning teams, as needed, and provide on-site support and technical assistance for plant process changes and new product start-ups. Manage commissioning scheduling at all region facilities, and review final commissioning reports for thoroughness and proper completion.
- Review/participate in sanitary design reviews for new equipment, process lines, or line modifications.
- Provide guidance to the vegetable QA facilities to develop the Food Safety Plan prescribed under FSMA regulations and provide on-going coaching and mentoring of the QA manager's at the manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for customer-related QA activities, including tracking of lot approval codes, providing 3rd party audit results and corrective actions, finished product specifications, container code information, kosher certification, consumer complaint investigations, responding to requests for information and serving as liaison between the plants, PPIC, and customers.
- Assist the Sr. QA Manager with the organization and presentation of topics at the annual QA Managers Meeting, providing GAP analysis trending, corrective and preventative action plans, training, guidance, and direction for Quality System development and implementation.
- Provide ongoing support and training to vegetable operations through direct communication and problem solving assistance, including follow-up to regulatory, DM QSA, 3rd party audit findings and overall quality programs gap closure.
- Support vegetable operations in problem investigations, insuring the use of root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action, DMPS/Lean, and other quality improvement initiatives.
- Compose, review and revise Corporate, DM Brands and Vegetable Quality Procedures as assigned, and assist vegetable operations with implementation.
- Support the Quality Systems group through participation on Quality Systems audit teams as assigned and conduct facility sanitation, GMP, and pre-AIB audits as requested by operations.
- Provide support to facilities and assistance to corporate Consumer Affairs by investigating complaints, evaluating complaint trends, reviewing claims, and assisting with consumer responses.
- Update Fill/Net specifications for seven vegetable facilities annually, based on previous year's filler performance statistics.
- · Review and approve/reject CPC's (Controlled Process Changes) submitted by the facilities.
- Support quality-related Access-based systems used by the facilities. (RTQT = real time quality tracking).
- Update Complaint/MM recap required for annual review of BRC Risk Assessments by the production facilities, using annual production volumes provided by Production Planning.
- Develop, revise, and update all batch formulas for seven vegetable facilities, insuring consistency with base R&D Process Sheets/Process Memos, as well as a firm knowledge of unique facility requirements, such as batch tank sizing, optimal brine delivery volumes, and multiple brine system options.
- Develop Finished Product specifications as new products are developed, existing products are changed, and defect tolerances are modified to meet customer requirements.
- Provide guidance to facilities in assigning disposition to food safety and quality holds, ensuring proper application of existing analytical and statistical tools (e.g., defect tolerance calculators; LCL analysis worksheets; etc.) where applicable.
- Assist facilities with trend analysis of consumer and customer complaints to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Update the corporate Threshold Complaint Log with facility responses to root cause and corrective actions for these complaints.
- Assume Administrator function for the Vegetable QA Share Points site, and assist facilities in developing and maintaining their own QA Share Points sites.
- Administer the sodium Check Sample Program, in conjunction with WCRC Chemistry, to ensure facility lab technicians are competent to conduct Omnion sodium testing.
- Conduct a periodic study of salt/sodium results for all new or reformulated for all vegetable facilities, generating correlations and running CpK statistical analyses, to ensure published tolerances in Finished Product Specs are based on sound science.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Food Science or related field.
- Better Process Control School certified.
- HACCP certified (AIB or equivalent).
- Preventive Control Qualified Individual (FSMA requirement).
- 5-10 years in technical, quality and food safety management.
- Ability to travel30% - 50% of the time.
- Strong written and verbal skills. Comfortable presenting complex issues to large groups.
- Ability to influence people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio; familiarity with Access).
Del Monte Foods is one of the country's largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food products for the U.S. retail market, generating approximately $1.7 billion in net sales in fiscal 2016. With a powerful portfolio of brands, Del Monte products are found in six out of ten U.S. households. Brands include Del Monte®, Contadina®, S&W®, College Inn®, Sager Creek and other brand names. The Company also produces and distributes private label food products. For more information on Del Monte Foods, visit the Company's website at .
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/) Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the requiredqualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.