Do you bring creativity and innovative, ‘out-of-the-box’ ideas to your work? Do you have healthcare and/or quality experience? How about Lean or OpEx? If so, we might be a fit. TriWest Healthcare Alliance has been on a Mission to serve our nation’s Veterans and their families since 1996. We are an evolving team of professionals that will do “Whatever it Takes” to serve our nation’s heroes in partnership with the VA. We looking for a dynamic change agent to help us reinvent and reinvigorate our processes while establishing and driving and a best-in-class quality culture.
Reporting to the Director of Quality and Process Improvement, spearheads the development of quality improvement programs, manages Quality Improvement operations and staff, and coordinates administrative quality data and information for quality committees and the Board of Directors. Performs complex analysis and leads resolution to operational problems. Decision making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. Assesses the impact of quality improvement initiatives across TriWest. Collaborates and develops consensus with senior leadership and staff at all levels. Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally with a broad scope of project plans and risk management activities. Operates with a thorough understanding of healthcare business processes, URAC and ISO standards. Participates in new program development as necessary.
- Manages the quality program function by coordinating staff workflow and performance outcomes through coaching, training and directing staff.
- Serves as the SME for Quality and Healthcare regulations.
- Leads efforts to obtain accreditation or re-accreditation by interpreting standards, collaborating with involved departments, and coordinating activities with line managers.
- Conducts research and development to support new or revised business processes. Collaborates with the Performance Improvement team to conducts process redesign, current state analysis, data analysis, and new process development.
- Innovative thinker who functions as a cross-functional change agent to promote systems thinking, customer focus, and commitment to continuous process improvement. Manages cross-functional projects with broad impact on TriWest. Coordinates issue-identification, current state analysis, and problem resolution.
- Develops detailed business plans for both short and long term objectives.
- Develops service-level agreements with business units and measures outcomes.
- Functions as a facilitator during organizational change efforts.
- Coordinates administrative quality data and information for quality memo from Quality Management and Improvement Committee (QMIC) information, minutes and outcomes follow-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare quality program administration
- 5+ years’ experience managing complex projects/teams
- 4+ years’ experience in business analysis, process improvement, and consulting
- Experience with database software, statistical tools and Excel
- 10+ years’ experience managing Healthcare Quality programs.
- 10+ years’ experience using Lean and Six Sigma to drive process improvement initiatives.
- 10+ years’ experience managing complex project/teams
- 8+ years’ experience in business analysis, process improvement and consulting
- Master Black Belt Certification or in the process of obtaining the certification
- Experience in working in Department of Defense (DOD) environment.