In this exciting role as a Manager of Quality Engineering, you will
- Oversee group of Quality Engineering supervisors and their engineers
- Support manufacturing to produce products, drive First Time Quality (FTQ) initiatives, identify and drive improvement projects to either gain efficiency, improve product quality or cost down
- This role will also support internal and external audits and be subject matter expert on relevant functional processes
- Manage project related deliverables, mitigate schedule risks and present to management as needed
- Up to 25% of travel could be involved with the role
The Restorative Therapies Group develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum; integrating technologies and applying clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
BRAIN THERAPIES offers an integrated portfolio of devices
and therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, as well as surgical technologies designed to improve the precision and workflow of neuro procedures.
A Day in the Life
Careers that Change Lives
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the Irvine Quality System requirements
- Lead and investigate production or product quality issues to determine root-cause and take necessary corrections/corrective actions
- Oversee and manage functional metrics, monitor and escalate any issues or challenges
- Own CAPA’s as assigned to investigate systemic root-cause and take necessary actions to address the issue
- Support and develop individual’s career aspirations, coach and guide as needed
- Partner with cross functional team on projects and other initiatives as needed
- Support and be the subject matter expert on the functional processes during internal and external audits
- Drive necessary process and product quality improvements to serve the Medtronic Mission
- Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company's design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
- May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
- Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
- Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
- Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical, or Materials preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience
Nice to Have: Preferred Requirements
- Medtronic Neurovascular product experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing/operations quality role with leading and overseeing group of engineers
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to identify and hire talent to support the business needs
- Good communication and presentation skills, especially with higher management on business critical initiatives