The Manager of Quality Engineering will be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality, and have a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. A technical, hands on manager with quality engineering experience and the ability to establish and execute against an effective test strategy based on a data driven quality approach is needed. The manager will be a strong quality advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset.
- Work with and manage a team of test engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements.
- Set and drive expectations around quality for major releases grounded in solid customer impact and product understanding.
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report on test execution.
- Oversee test planning and development, testing execution, defect management, and all other testing activities.
- Act as the primary point of contact to provide operational and production support for applications with strict adherence to customer SLAs.
- Mentor and guide team members and be a strong technical resource for the team.
- Track time on projects accurately and promptly and report status to stakeholders. Demonstrate flexibility in meeting important customer deliverables.
- Understand business requirements for system support and translate them into appropriate systems/application design needs. Lead the translation of requirements and establish test cases to fit into automation test strategy.
3+ years experience in software and/or program testing and demonstrated leadership skills.
- 5+ years experience coding in at least one programming language.
- 5+ years experience with writing QA automation frameworks using tools like Selenium/WebDriver.
- 3+ years experience of general web technologies and distributed/web-based SaaS architecture.
- 2+ years experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- 4+ years hands on involvement with test automation and test development.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- CI/CD experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing application faults.
- Strong understanding of OO concepts and data structures.
- Research, identify and adapt correct tools and infrastructure.
- Have experience with implementing and leading effective code reviews.
- Experience with SaaS and cloud-based frameworks is highly desired.
- Certification in Software testing or IT Security is highly desired.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent is highly desire.
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.