The Quality Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the Quality and Environmental Health and Safety department to ensure that Company policies, operations, and procedures meet customer, company, and industry quality and safety requirements.
- Manage the development of and the compliance of the overall quality assurance and quality control programs at the Buffalo facility.
- Monitor quality through internal corrective action process and implementation of metrics to ensure that the products are of the highest quality and in compliance with established company policies.
- Identify problem areas and trends and propose solutions while working closely with the plant supervision
- Provide technical support and share knowledge with other groups i.e. sales, manufacturing and engineering acting as mentor and teacher.
- Address customer returned warranty work from customer
- Facilitate the shipment of product by developing a clear line of communication as issues arise and solutions to allow for minimal impact to production flow.
- Facilitate two ISO required Management Reviews annually, as well as training as needed.
- Develop weld procedures in accordance with customer requirements.
- Work with outside service providers on testing and inspection.
- Prepare monthly QA Report.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required.
5+ years of quality management experience required
Knowledge of brazing, welding and other processing techniques for the manufacturing of heat exchangers required
Thorough knowledge of the preparation and implementation of quality procedures, specifications, test plans, and work procedures with knowledge of various International standards required.