Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, the Quality Manager is responsible for the Quality System ensuring the system is established, maintained and improved upon as well as ensuring product conformity.
As a member of the Site Leadership Team, the Quality Manager provides quality leadership and guidance on all Quality System matters, customer requirements and product compliance.
- Provides supervision of personnel actions and oversees day-to-day operations of the quality groups
- Develop the site Quality Team
- Drive and eliminate escapes, cost of poor quality
- Promote site wide improvement efforts
- Implement and improve the site quality system in accordance with current quality standards
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Perform internal and external audits
- Customer Portals interaction
- 10+ years of experience in Quality Control
- Complete knowledge of AS9100, NADCAP, FAA repair station, and ISO9001.
- Full and complete understanding of quality systems
- Full understanding and ability to perform internal as well as external audits using root cause analysis, corrective action, and preventative action.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Excel and Minitab
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Prior experience managing a team effectively
- Ability to make decisions or suggestions based on rules or procedures while using independent judgment to deviate from or modify when appropriate
- Ability to identify issues that need to be analyzed before selecting solution based on past experiences within area of expertise
- Previous experience within a Material & Coating environment is a plus
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (green belt or black belt) is considered an asset
- Extensive Aerospace knowledge