Manages a team who measure, analyze, and report on moderately complex quality and compliance audits on the technical skills and the business processes of CoSA internal line(s) of business. Develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. Executes quality process improvements and leads organizational process changes. Maintains compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations."
- Holds responsibility for recruiting, developing and retaining high-performing banking professionals dedicated to first line of defense quality, compliance and risk control auditing efforts.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression.
- Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform help mitigate risk and protect the brand and reputation of USAA.
- Coaches on the importance of building strong relationships, proactively recognizing and offering appropriate quality solutions, and the importance of sound communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Plans, develops, executes and monitors all Quality and Affiliate auditing processes and procedures as well as specialty audits, ad-hocs, studies and projects.
- Utilizes a variety of tools, directs, supports, level-sets, downloads, calibrates and delivers audit results and analysis to various stakeholders and internal/external customers.
- Provides recommendations to process and product owners for improvements based on industry best practices and regulatory/compliance standards.
- Provides guidance and support related to various auditing aspects, including but not limited to assisting with action plans and follow-up on plan execution.
- Identifies opportunities to automate/streamline quality and compliance efforts.
- Creates a collaborative environment that fosters cross-functional communication, both internal and external to CoSA, for collective success towards attainment of strategic/tactical quality and compliance objectives.
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing appropriate Quality auditing/reinspection performance standards.
- Reviews audits performed, territories, methods of inspection and Affiliate relationships to ensure quality processes are relevant and business risks are mitigated.
- Serves as the contact for policies, procedures, practices and expertise for CoSA/Affiliate Quality and Reinspection Programs.
- Advanced understanding of the unique needs of our internal and external customers and provides integrated solutions.
- Assists with state investigations, internal/external audit engagements, trials and pre-trial/trial activities for CoSA Litigation cases.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of progressive related experience required.
- 2 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience required.
- Advanced understanding of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 3+ years risk, quality assurance or banking experience.
- Working knowledge of federal regulations AML, KYC, Reg DD, and Reg Z
- Strong working knowledge of Credit Card and Deposit products.
- Strong knowledge of bank regulations as they apply to SCRA, Credit Card and Deposit products.
- 1+ year people management experience.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships with Experience Owners, Process Owners, Operations, Legal and Compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of management.