The Quality Team has an opening for a Senior Manager in Self-Manufacturing. Location is flexible but must be within one of the following company locations: Boise, ID; San Francisco-Bay area, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Phoenix, AZ; or Seattle, WA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively supervise and direct the performance of Plant Quality Assurance managers remotely
- Train, mentor and monitor plant personnel in quality principles, SPC, HACCP, GMP, and FSMA.
- Document standards, specifications, procedures, and monitor for compliance.
- Ensure quality, product safety, plant sanitation, and regulatory standards are consistently met.
- Troubleshoot and solve quality problems.
- Keep all levels of management informed regarding issues in the marketplace associated with product performance, safety and compliance.
- Must be able to make product acceptance decisions regarding performance and safety.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- 4 year college degree in Food Science, Food Microbiology, Bacteriology, Cereal Science or any combination. An advanced degree in food science or related field is preferred.
- 6 years’ experience in a food processing plant in Quality Assurance or Production Operations at supervisory level or above.
- 6 years’ experience troubleshooting quality problems at the plant level.
- 3 years’ experience training and implementation of SPC, HACCP, workflow success, vendor qualification, and customer requirement auditing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Inquisitive and analytical abilities to solve and prevent production quality issues.
- Ability to work at all levels to solve problems and achieve desired results.
- Proven ability to develop and implement QA policies and direct work associated with product quality and food safety in a manufacturing environment.
- In depth knowledge of food safety, product quality programs, preventive QC methods, GMP's, food allergens, HACCP and manufacturing systems.
- Working knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and ability to grasp additional business related applications.
- Ability to motivate, manage, lead, and influence subordinates, peers, and superiors.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of kosher, organic, and international standardization programs for food safety (Global Food Safety Initiative) including BRC and SQF.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for food. Serve as key contact to regulatory agencies.
- Ability to innovate and implement new tactics and processes to improve quality and food safety.