Leads and manage the GFIU Quality Assurance staff located in countries outside of Canada, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Plan, document, evaluate and maintain a robust AML quality assurance program for the GFIU. Ensure documented processes and actual practices are aligned with enterprise policies and industry standards. Develop robust procedures, tools and metrics to effectively run a quality assurance program. Ensure that quality assurance program utilizes an objective, statistically driven methodology.
- Identify and work with FIU Training and Communications Team to develop and maintain standardized and specialized AML/ATF and sanctions training content.
- Prepare reports of findings and testing results; escalate and report findings, testing results, and recommendations for improvements to relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor overall results of AML quality assurance reviews and report to Directors and Senior Management of the GFIU trends, performance against plan and significant findings. Recommend policy/procedural and operational enhancements to ensure a sustainable, risk-based AML Program.
- Liaise with partners (Senior Manager, Regulatory & Audit Management, Directors FIU, etc.) to review findings from audits and regulators. Oversee development and implementation of remediation plans to address findings.
- Manage a team of individuals (AML/ATF Quality Assurance Specialists) who perform the quality assurance on AML work completed by the FIU.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of domestic and international compliance regulations including the Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTF) and supporting regulations, Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions requirements (OSFI), Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the Wolfsberg Group principles and the United States Patriot Act.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in AML/ATF areas including but not limited to; transaction monitoring, customer name screening and/or sanction screening.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS or CAMS-audit) or Association of Certified Financial Crime Specialists (ACFCS).
- Bank Crime Prevention and Investigation Office (BCPIO) certified or the ability to be certified within six months of accepting the position.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in Spanish required.
- Demonstrates strong strategic thinking, planning and execution ability.
- 1-2 years of relevant management experience
- Work in a standard office-based environment but non-standard hours maybe be required.
- Stress can be encountered in dealing with stakeholders with different perspectives and priorities.
- Limited travel globally.
- The potential possibility of working remotely.
Requisition ID: 22792