The Quality Manager is responsible for leading, developing, managing, and executing all quality systems required within their area of responsibility. This includes working with customers, suppliers, corporate personnel, and manufacturing staff. Responsible for the strategic development and auditing of Quality systems such as, SQF (Safe Quality Foods), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), Preventive Controls, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for plant Quality department while providing day to day QA leadership to ensure all products shipped are food safe and meet customer expectations. Responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, production and facility monitoring.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a Food Safety plan to assure the facilities Food Safety Systems and Policies in compliance with Federal, State, & Local regulations as well as Global Food Safety Standards.
- Develops Food Safety plan by conducting hazard analyses; identifying control points and preventive control measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification and validation procedures.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a Quality plan to bring the facility in compliance with SQF and company quality system requirements.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Developing systems to ensure products are designed and produced to meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations.
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Drives the incorporation of statistical tools such as SPC and process capability and trains others to ensure proper use.
- Directs QA Supervisors, Specialists and Technicians.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Meets with vendors, customers and quality representatives and other company staff to discuss and resolve quality issues.
- Orchestrates third party facility inspections.
- Leads and/or participates in quality audits of the plant.
- Develops, maintains and reports required operational information to management. Ensures all quality-related information required for regulatory reviews and reporting is maintained by the plant.
- Participates in scheduled GMP, sanitation and safety inspections throughout the production departments and corrects, or issues work orders to correct, any identified deficiencies.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Coordinate and participate in mock recalls.
- Provides technical support to operations.
- Participates in regular meetings with plant management to discuss quality improvements.
- Keeps abreast of latest food safety, quality and manufacturing technologies, systems, and manufacturing technologies, systems, and practices.
- Monitor lab results, review QA documents, environmental monitoring findings.
- Act as a designated Food Safety and/or GFSI Qualified Individual (i.e. SQF
- Code Practitioner) for the facility and maintain Code System Elements relevant to the scope of certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science Degree or other related degree.
- Minimum 8+ years’ managerial experience, including managing a QA department.
- Certifications: Preferred, but not required HACCP, Food Defense, SQL Practitioner, PQCI.
- Direct experience with AIB, SQF or similar food industry production audits.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, cGMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control & Recall programs).
- Knowledge of Coffee Manufacturing preferred.
- Working knowledge of sanitation programs including master cleaning schedules, integrated pest management, and environmental testing.
- Solid knowledge of Laboratory Procedures and Microbiology.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both orally and written.
- Experience with FDA standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work.
- Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on food safety, quality assurance, and plant.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience Planning and implementing preventative systems.
- Experience working directly with customers and supplier.
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Working knowledge of statistical software programs.
- Understanding of Certification programs such as Kosher, Organic, RFA.
- Establishes high standards of performance for self and others.
- Engages in development planning for all direct reports, considering current job performance and career goals.
- Makes decisions based on logic, factual information, resources and constraints, and in congruence organizational values.
- Leadership & Responsibility.
- Multi-tasker with priority awareness.
- Welcomes challenging assignments, viewing them as opportunities for continued learning and personal growth.
- Developing & Maintaining Relationships.
- Influence, Persuasion & Collaboration.Judgment & Decision Making.
- Meeting & Exceeding Customer Expectations Analysis.
- Innovation & Creativity.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share this job on your newsfeed
Farmer Brothers Company not only prides itself on our products, but we take pride in our employees. We are able to offer competitive wages and benefits. By doing this we ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. We offer competitive benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) Plan
- ESOP Plan ( Employee Stock Ownership Plan)