About this Line of Business
Rehab Without Walls(R) NeuroSolutions started over 30 years ago as NeuroCare. We originally designed a program helping brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke patients using real-life activities in their own environment. Today, we are still removing walls, breaking barriers and rebuilding lives. But we are also connecting the NeuroCare continuum, providing expertise in the right place at the right time with outpatient and residential services in addition to our groundbreaking home and community rehab.
As a(n) Manager- Quality and Performance Improvement you will:
- Oversees content of divisional operational audit tool and makes revisions as needed in response to changes with corporate policy/procedure, division policy and CARF standards. Updates tool with program/location-specific items in response to surveys, audits, etc.
- Acts as liaison to CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for division accredited programs related to survey application, location survey prep, data collection, and overseeing readiness for admin and site surveys. Communicates admin changes and significant events to CARF on an ongoing basis.
- Oversees CARF survey preparations within the division as directed and follow up. Leads PI (Performance Improvement) Process group in defining measures for review and works with the division in implementing the measures and the follow-up throughout the cycle.
- Actively participates on division-wide committees/projects such as Customer Satisfaction, new business integration, market-expansion, consolidation, etc.
- Leads divisional Policy Committee in review and development of divisional polices, monitoring and cross-referencing Corporate policy, and revising RWW state-specific policies as necessary. Works with individual programs in developing specific program or regulation driven policy and protocol.
- Provides information related to interviewing and hiring of clinical manger candidates and participates in orientation, training and mentoring of new clinical managers.
- Provides oversight and assistance, as necessary, for various state on-site surveys and development of corrective action plans.
- Provides feedback and research as needed to locations related to various clinical situations and issues.
- Makes onsite visits as needed to assist with resolution of clinical and/or operational issues, planning, training of new staff, training of divisional operational audit tool.
- Works with Corporate QA team for onsite visits, requiredreports, discussions about Critical Incident Report follow-up and other topics as needed.
- Collaborates and coordinates efforts with other corporate departments to ensure consistent direction to all locations and support in meeting Corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintains and updates information on the RWW shared drive with Corporate departmental policy information, shared CARF info, various forms, training materials, PI information, etc. In addition, disseminates clinical information to RWW clinical managers as received from Corporate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Maintains unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice
- A minimum of eight years clinical experience, including two years in the community environment preferred
- Prior work experience in CARF accredited operation preferred
- Broad knowledge of post-acute health care and state regulatory requirements, administration, workers compensation and government payer environment
- Demonstrates ability to design and implement effective change programs and manage multiple high-level projects
- Demonstrates effective and professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel regularly: 25-50%
Reports to the Director of Quality and PI- RWW