Full-Time Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.GENERAL FUNCTION
Responsible for the development and implementation of the North America Indirect Procurement strategies, leading sourcing activities and ensuring the programs are aligned with global and regional program objectives. Individual will focus on continuous process/system improvements while providing exceptional customer service and cost savings in alignment with Corporate initiatives. This position may manage individuals within Indirect Procurement providing guidance and direction on matters wihin the commodities serviced. Serves as a leader in the company's efforts to maintain an effective system of internal controls.
This position stays current on developments related to their respective field, actively pursue knowledge, familiarize with design development and use information to accurately make timely decisions as well as contribute to the decision making process by logically presenting ideas to decision makers.
The candidate should demonstrate experience in one or more of the following categories as part of Indirect Procurement: Utilities/Facility Management, Corporate Services, HR, Professional Services, Marketing/Trade Marketing, Supplies/Printing, Hardware/Telecom.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assit with strategy development, including strategy coordination for related categories
- Category Management which includes policy creation/management, updating, identifying and implementing demand management programs, internal communications of category initiatives and reporting of results.
- Strives to meet several department KPIs, including, but not limited to, cost savings, customer satisfaction and spend under management
- Contract Negotiation and Implementation
- Supplier Management and continuous evaluation/assessment of supplier performance, ensuring consistency of service, quality and compliance to contracts and established service level agreements.
- Ability to build and analyze financial reports for determining status and action for programs managed.
- Monitoring category spend and continuously evaluating options to reduce total cost of ownership
- Benchmarking of internal and external costs against industry and competitive standards
- Ability to build strategic supplier relationships
- Lead projects and work cross functionally with regional/global teams
- Ability to interface with all levels of management in all regions
- Bachelors Degree in purchasing, finance or applicable technical degree
- 5+ years experience in procurement or related function
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing department and projects
- Experience in Direct Sourcing
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, flexible with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of:
- General Purchasing principals and procedures
- Procurement processes
- Business Principles
- Accounting & Finance
- Skills In:
- All aspects of purchasing
- Communication written and oral
- Problem Solving
- Effective communication written and oral
- Proficient with SAP, Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.