Manager, Public Relations
APPLY NOW ADD TO BRIEFCASE
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America's Lender.
Responsible for running day-to-day media relations to generate positive national and regional news coverage brand through a steady drumbeat of news and third-party endorsements demonstrating our value proposition across key audiences. Demonstrates proven results in creating and directing large-scale Public Relations programs, while being able to quickly execute alongside team members. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a company spokesperson; plays an active role in the research, planning and development of strategic corporate communications programs.
- Develops and executes earned media relations strategies around business/financial news; manages all day-to-day outreach topress, bloggers, and the media community.
- Plans, books and staffs executive media tours and editorial board meetings. Books executives on major business networks (CNBC, Cheddar, Bloomberg TV), and develops executive visibility plans; securing industry accolades and speaking engagements.
- Demonstrates proficiency in writing and editing materials including client media materials, byline articles, client correspondence and reports.
- Develops creative story angles and consistently secures coverage in high-impact print, broadcast and online media outlets that align with and support our business goals.
- Demonstrates tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans.
- Builds and maintains close relationships with key influencers, including editors, producers, reporters, writers, and bloggers. Drives awareness of media coverage and activities internally and through channel partners.
- Oversees the monitoring and reporting of press placements and influencer partnerships; establishing PR success metrics and tracking.
- Provides thought leadership to proactively ensure messaging is aligned and consistent with business objectives, employing deep product and industry knowledge.
- Writes press releases, pitch letters, internal communications, media statements and business plans.
STANDARD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supportsaffirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company's goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to reportpotentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one's own actions and conduct.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with continuous change.
- Embraces the voice, attitude, and integrity of our brand.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Strong existing relationships with key news media and social influencers.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect staff.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Success representing Public Relations on cross-functional teams and developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans.
- Tenacious, self-starter, and broad strategic thinker with a positive attitude and collaborative spirit
- Has experience working with C-suite, and proven success in executing high-profile communications initiatives.
- Excellent judgment regarding what is newsworthy and promotable, and/or how to position news as relevant to the media and their audience.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, PR or Journalism required.
- Five (5) + years of strong consumer Public Relations experience, including media relations, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc.
- Significant corporate/business public relations and media experience; proven record of professional achievement.
- Financial Services or Technology industry experience is required.
- Must have business/corporate public relations experience, proven ability to be an engaging leader with excellent financial skills.
- Must have strong media relationships within the business/corporate and financial services or technology industry.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.