The Manager of Public Relations is responsible for creating and implementing a cohesive global public relations program aligned with the business and marketing objectives of ETS and/or one or more ETS product brands. Strong understanding of global public relations strategy and tactics is critical, as is experience in content development and management, and social media strategy.
- Develop PR strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to improve public perception of ETS and/or one or more ETS product brands.
- Develop and oversee delivery of key messages to target audiences through traditional and non-traditional earned media
- Position ETS brands in a positive way with key external groups including press, perspective business partners and other opinion leaders
- Participate in and contribute to brand team planning and strategy efforts
- Develop working relationships with key media contacts
- Draft and disseminate press releases, media alerts and other external tools to reach media – including foreign media – and domestic and international business leaders
- Develop background materials and remarks for senior management in connection with media interviews, press briefings, conferences, business meetings, trips and other public events
- Oversee contracted PR agencies and vendors to ensure tactics are being executed in a manner consistent with established strategies, timelines and budgets
Experience and Skills
Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
- Bachelor's in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
Relevant Years of Experience Required:
- 5 years of public relations/communications experience are required or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary
- PR Agency experience a plus
- Experience developing social media strategy a plus
- At least 5 years' experience in Public Relations, both domestic and international, including a strong working knowledge of both traditional and social media engagement
- Ability to create and implement a PR plan with heavy international elements
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and consensus-building skills, a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, involving conference calls with agencies overseas
- A commitment to working collaboratively as part of a cross-divisional team
- Knowledge of web-based technology and demonstrated use of social and media tools for content creation and brand journalism, media tracking, research, analysis, and targeted communications
- Experience with crisis management
- Experience in working with education issues
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.