Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Provider Support Manager leads the Provider Support Team, including supervisor(s) and lead(s) and specialists. The provider support manager helps ensure team and departmental objectives are met and maintains the vision on how new initiatives fix into the strategic plan for the team as well as awareness of cross functional impacts and dependencies. This team supports the Exact Sciences Sales Teams, Healthcare Providers and internal customers throughout the organization, providing World Class Service. This position works cross functionally with sales leadership and Exact Sciences Laboratories leadership within the Customer Care Center. The Provider Support Manager will follow all laboratory and customer care center procedures and policies and maintain accurate data reporting practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute on project plans through appropriate operating mechanisms. Act as the voice of the customer (sales and marketing and providers) while effectively supporting the mission of Exact Sciences Laboratories.
- Develops the customer service skills and professional skills of team members helping to increase their value-add to the team and organization.
- Manager will participate and lead projects as necessary to meet strategic initiatives.
- Manager responsible for overall performance of team and strategy to meet objectives.
- As needed crafts communications to the Sales and Marketing teams efficiently communicating Laboratory process and procedures as well as effectively communicating process changes impacting the Sales and Marketing Teams.
- Manages and resolves customer complaints, identifies and escalate priority issues while working collaboratively on the corrective action.
- As needed coordinates and/or conducts investigations and inquiries into customer complaints and concerns and effectively communicates findings to both the customer and as required senior management.
- Develops, implements, and assists in the tracking of department metrics and demonstrates a quality improvement demeanor.
- Recruits, hires and onboards new Provider Support Team employees.
- Takes part in the creation of policies, processes, procedures and training materials as appropriate. Identifies additional training needs/resources as needed.
- Monitors associate and overall department metrics to ensure incoming and outgoing phone and other contacts are addressed according to Company goals.
- Recommends and implements changes to ensure high quality customer service.
- Identifies and shares best practices and drives for continuous improvement of the customer experience.
- Ensures compliance with all Company quality procedures and guidelines including but not limited to Quality Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Ensures familiarity with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices (e.g., HIPAA, Medical Device Reporting, etc.).
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years professional experience in health care, sales or other related industry, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ of experience leading a team, or three years’ experience leading supervisors with direct reports.
- 1+ experience in a marketing or sales organization and one year of experience on a technical position.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Disciplined, positive, self-motivated, reliable and ability to work independently as well as on a team environment completing all tasks in a timely manner.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including the ability to easily convey concepts and priorities as well as ability to solicit feedback and inputs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial regulatory landscape (FDA and other state and federal regulations).
- Strong interpersonal skills; including written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Strong management skills including the ability to interface, influence and manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a highly collaborative matrix management environment within the lab organization and other internal and/or external partners.