Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager of Provider Relations Service & Advocacy is responsible for the full range of provider relations and service interactions within UnitedHealth Group, including working on end-to-end provider claim and call quality, ease of use of physician portal and future service enhancements, and training & development of external provider education programs.
Managers of Provider Relations Service & Advocacy design and implement programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers (physician, hospital, ancillary, etc.), and practice managers.
Responsibilities also include directing and implementing strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network, identifying gaps in network composition and services to assist the networkcontracting and development staff in prioritizing contracting needs, and may also be involved in identifying and remediating operational short-falls and researching and remediating claims.
Set team direction, resolve problems and provide guidance to members of own team
Drive assigned initiatives / projects as assigned
Ensure providers are educated on new initiatives / products
Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
Influence or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and / or customers
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- 5+ years of provider relations and / or network management experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years experience with claims (systems processes, reimbursement methodologies etc.)
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel
- 2+ years of experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- 3+ years of people management / supervisory experience
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and remain on task
- Good organization and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines from multi-staff members within the department
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors or higher level degree