Responsible for conducting in-depth research to identify and qualify prospective donors in support of the major gifts programs at all Advocate sites of care, Advocate system and Advocate medical groups, with special focus on multiple individual campaigns. Accurate and complete research will be gained through the application and refinement of varied techniques both high and low-tech in nature that result in the expansion of the prospect donor base. Position will work with all major gift officers to prepare profiles/reports for individual prospect strategy meetings and staff moves management meetings, review and/or develop solicitation strategy recommendations, coordinate screening meetings for prospect identification and rating, and maintain overall accuracy of donor information gathered through research in database.
- Bachelor's degree or professional experience to provide equivalent.
- 3-4 years experience in research, professional library reference setting, or development setting.
- Experience in a not for profit fundraising organization, as well as experience in healthcare a plus.
- Familiarity with electronic databases and internet.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience analyzing data.
- Understand importance of confidentiality and privacy rules related to personal information and records.
- Experience in use of databases, spreadsheets and writing reports.
- Proven accuracy and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and in a collaborative manner.
- Proficiency in locating relevant information from very specific criteria from various sources and in a variety of formats.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and database software.
- Serious commitment to confidentiality, ethical and professional research standards.
- Occasional travel to sites.
- Ethically conduct in-depth research to gather information that demonstrates key indicators to interest and potential giving using knowledge of our organization's mission, programs, and goals.
- Responsible for categorizing and qualifying current and new donors. Integrate information gathered through research into consistent format in database and donor files for future reference.
- Provide timely, accurate, and appropriate information to Foundation staff to be used for the purposes of recruiting governance members, cultivating and soliciting current donors and new prospects.
- Effective utilization of technology and resources to confirm or discover pertinent information on potential prospects.
- Working with major gift teams, identify and qualify potential prospects.
Job ID: 90901