This position coordinates the Company’s custom engineered production and process equipment proposal effort. Working closely with engineering, sales, estimating, instrumentation and fabrication to insure complete, accurate and timely proposals are being developed and presented to the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As the Proposal Manager the individual is responsible for the following:
- Managing the proposal process to ensure proposal quality and timeliness
- Scheduling of proposal activity
- Supervision of Estimators and Proposal Assistant
- Working with process engineering and other technical resources to complete technical part of proposal.
- Working with sales and estimating to complete commercial part of proposal
- Streamlining and standardization of the proposal process
- Setting up and maintaining quotation database
Primary work activities are to:
- Review and define scope for new RFQ's
- Establish proposal table of contents
- Divide RFQ document and distribute components to appropriate specialists for action as required
- Receive inputs from specialists, and direct compilation into completed proposal
Secondary work activities include:
- Identification of similar quotes or work orders to be referenced for proposals
- Interface with customer for bid clarifications as needed
- Identify company boiler plate to be include in proposal
- Develop standards and templates for use in generation of proposals
Required Skills or Tools:
- This is complex and skilled work requiring intense attention to detail, client needs, production requirements and costs.
- Ability to work intensely and accurately under tight time deadlines
- Ability to streamline, standardize, and document procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with individual and groups to impart instructions, knowledge, suggestions, and information
- In addition to specific goals and objectives agreed between employee and supervisor on a quarterly or annual basis, all Exterran employees are expected to:
- Contribute fully and effectively to the success of the Company
- Be an ambassador for the Company, promote the Company whenever possible, and identify possible business opportunities for the Company
- Be action oriented and take a can-do approach
- Manage their time effectively to ensure deadlines are met and necessary tasks are not overlooked
- Discharge the required responsibilities in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner
- Share information with colleagues in timely and open manner
- Solve problems in resourceful, collaborative, and creative manner
- Participate proactively in two way communication to enhance the achievement of Company, team, and personal goals
§ Engineering or Technologist Diploma
§ Five plus years experience in engineered products business, preferably with process equipment experience. (On – the – Job Orientation, 6 – 12 months)
§ Must be able to work under pressure
§ Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
§ Work is carried out in a typical engineering office setting utilizing standard engineering equipment.
§ Work is subject to tight deadlines with conflicting and changing priorities and may require longer hours to complete.