$100K — $150K *
We are looking for a seasoned people manager with experience in proposal management or workforce management who will bring leadership, innovation, and energy to our dynamic team.
In this role the Manager, Proposal Services will provide guidance and direction to the proposal team driving excellence throughout the entire RFP lifecycle, from project management to document editing, to facilitation and deadline management. They are responsible for hiring, onboarding, developing and coaching Proposal Analysts to meet the goals of the team and the organization. The manager will ensure that the proposal team is properly trained and has access to all necessary technology and documentation.
Candidate will rely on strong leadership and management skills including proactive and clear communication, with a focus on problem-solving, to help the team to complete their project tasks on schedule and with high quality.
Principal responsibilities may include:
• Recruit, hire, and retain Proposal Analysts
• Matches Proposal Analyst with proposal projects ensuring optimal success.
• Monitors Proposal Analyst skills and establishes improvement plans and ensures execution of plans
• Conducts observations of each proposal analyst for skill evaluation including attending project kickoff calls and review meetings
• Help determine the qualification level and strategy of prospective deals when needed.
• Responsible for workload balance among Proposal Analysts
• Reviews final proposal responses to ensure quality
• Ensure accurate project reporting including breakdown of sales team, vertical and win rate.
• Helps ensure that proposal system is kept updated with fresh, well written and accurate content.
• Frequently interacts with other Presales Managers and functional peer groups to share best practices, ideas and assist in projects
• Develops strong relationship with Sales and Presales leaders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty as a leader and catalyst. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prior management experience is strongly desired for this position including conducting performance reviews, hiring/termination, and employee motivation.
• BS/BA degree in Business, English or related discipline OR Comparable experience.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of related experience including at least 3 years of experience working directly with a proposal or Presales team.
• Candidates should possess an understanding of the consultative sales cycle and sales techniques
• Experience in the Workforce Management field is desirable
• Understanding of enterprise software and technology business.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluid communication style.
• Experience with proposal management software a plus.
Valid through: 5/18/2021