The Manager of the Proposal Management Team - Correctional Markets is responsible for ensuring written responses to prospective customer procurement solicitations (typically Requests for Proposals (RFPs)) are of the highest quality, effectively communicating CenturyLink’s differentiators in the market and customizing responses to fit each prospective customer’s specific requirements. Individual responsibilities include directing written responses to structured procurements, researching technical requirements internally and with supplier/partners, visually presenting information in a professional manner to maximize CenturyLink’s evaluation, and managing a team of two technical writers. This position requires a strong combination of product/technical skills, writing skills, and attention to detail, and is critical to achieving the group’s aggressive growth goals.
- Provide leadership and guidance for a team of two Request for Proposal (RFP) technical writers. Ensure all team members clearly understand their roles and responsibilities in achieving team objectives, and have a consistent understanding of CenturyLink’s key differentiators in the market.
- Work effectively internally and with supplier/partners to research and customize responses
- Analyze competitor information and modify response templates, response approaches, and boilerplate information in the response library, modifying templates as needed
- Lead regular cross-functional group meetings, clearly communicating needs for inputs and managing their timely submittal to the technical writing team for incorporation into responses.
- Provide final review for RFP responses, ensuring CenturyLink receives maximum evaluation scores.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- 7+ years’ experience in technology
- Written communication and presentation (writing/presentation samples in Word and PowerPoint will be requested)
- Ability to think strategically, understanding “questions behind the questions” and mapping CenturyLink strengths into specific responses to specifications
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Thorough technical understanding of network and managed IT services
- Project management skills
- Personal effectiveness, matrix-managing SMEs to provide quality RFP inputs in a timely manner
- Proven track record of a consistently achieving and out-performing targets
- Prior experience marketing/selling to state and county government customers highly desired
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Kansas City
Requisition #: 208701