Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures team compliance with company policies, practice guidelines and standards.
- Manages and monitors all aspects of the annual property tax cycle for assigned real property portfolios.
- Develops client workplans and schedules for associated project deliverables.
- Inspects properties, where required.
- Obtains and reviews assessor worksheets and property records, where required.
- Prepares independent target values for each property assigned using appropriate valuation methodology.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Reviews and reconciles client data and identifies tax issues to research.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from assessing agencies.
- Serves as principal contact for client activity.
- Manages practice group needs (equipment, supplies, software, training, etc.).
- Manages personnel (assignments, position requests, etc.).
- Manages the preparation, review, and processing of all client reporting requirements.
- Manages and assists in the preparation of abatement and exemption applications.
- Manages all aspects of the appeal process (informal, formal, and litigation), and reports status and results to the client.
- Approves tax bills for payment, where required
- Assists clients with accruals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Assists with client billing and collections, financialforecasting, and bonus allocations to appropriate group members.
- Communicates new issues, legislative changes, training opportunities, and client needs and strategies.
- Pursues and maintains professional designations (e.g., AACI, MIMA, MRICS, AIMA) or equivalent.
- Develops new clients, maintains existing clients and broadens practice scope.
- Participates actively in professional organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance/Economics, or Real Estate required and and four to six years property tax related experiencerequired Candidates with appropriate valuations designations preferred.,p.