The Manager of Property & Auto Claims provides strategic and operational Claims leadership for the Property and Auto lines of business, including a vision for and execution of industry best practices for Property and Auto claims handling and related programs. S/he assures claims performance for the line of business is sound technically and financially, including leadership of case reserving practices and performance. Develops plans for achieving corporate goals and objectives. Leads knowledge sharing and interactions with other departments related to Property and Auto claims. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads development and achievement of corporate goals and performance objectives for Property and Auto claims.
- Directly manages Property and Auto claim representatives.
- Serves as innovation leader for Property and Auto claims handling; identifying and implementing innovative processes, practices and technologies.
- Establishes best practices for Property and Auto claims, including responsibility for the efficiency and effectiveness of claims handling and related processes.
- Administers an effective Quality Assurance program for claim representative performance.
- Develops, executes and maintains monitors and controls related to case reserving accuracy and timeliness.
- Identifies and implements effective Property and Auto claim programs. Selects and manages related vendor service levels and performance.
- Monitors emerging issues in the Property and Auto lines of business; attends industry meetings and conferences as necessary and appropriate; assures staff is trained appropriately on new developments.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and affiliated companies on Property and Auto claim matters, including a close working relationship with Underwriting and Actuarial.
- Four-year college degree with concentration in business, law, public administration, social sciences, or insurance. Advanced industry designations such as AIC or CPCU preferred •
- Minimum of ten years of specialized experience in Commercial Property and Auto claims management and related programs.
- Previous experience as the top level Property claims leader for a similar company; or as the second level Property claims leader for a larger company; or other equivalent experience.
- Computer proficiency including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Entrepreneurial Leadership, Developing and Building Teams, Relationship & Personal Leadership, Innovation and Courage