- Hands on, project management and owner’s representative working closely with site maintenance team and support vendors to develop and implement projects to address site operational and support needs.
- Assemble and manage required teams of consultants and contractors. Negotiate contracts with each team member. Interface with architects, client staff, facility and construction managers, and vendors.
- Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
- Develop relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Plan and coordinate project activities at all levels unassisted.
- Formulate and review budgets for projects under supervision.
- Review, process and resolve problems with incoming project invoices for payment.
- Monitor costs and explain variances as needed, revising budgets where necessary.
- Act as liaison between clients and vendors.
- Coordinate construction activities in both union and non-union facilities.
- Define vendor strategies, evaluate, and make recommendations on the vendor proposals as per specifications from the Company.
- Coordinate purchasing of materials and services according to Company’s purchasing procedures.
- Develop programs, techniques and policies and procedures for efficient and profitable operations.
- 10+ years experience in project engineering and management.
- Extensive knowledge of site utility distribution systems and laboratory, office facilities, including building utility and automation systems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in various stages of completion.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Must be willing to train and become proficient in Jones Lang LaSalle's and client's project management software's.
- Demonstrate a high level of performance in project budgeting, problem solving, contract negotiations and scheduling.
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project software.