Rockwell is seeking a hands-on, driven and innovative manager to develop and lead our Global Sales and Marketing Operations Project Management Office (PMO) and implement portfolio; program; and project management philosophy across the organization. This position will be responsible for establishing, implementing and controlling Portfolio; Program; and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools appropriate for managing and monitoring key strategic project initiatives worldwide.
This person would play a critical role in the organization in providing the thought leadership to move the GSM operations project management organization from a project focused management practice to embrace a portfolio management culture.
This leadership role is meant to navigate organizational complexity, prevent departmental silos, and implement best practice policies and procedures in a complex business and technology environment by developing and maintaining strong relationships with a variety of individuals across the organization.
- Defines, develops, implements and provides oversight for GSM Operations project and program management practices, governance standards, processes, tools and metrics. As well as, driving periodic review and continuous improvement actions.
- Ensures programs and projects are defined, tracked, managed, and communicated in a consistent and effective manner.
- Incorporates effective risk management controls.
- Implements Rockwell Automation’s change management methodology into project management practice.
- Drive decision-making with fact based analytics and provide insights to senior leadership to support strategic planning and execution.
- Develop and implement resource planning process to ensure appropriate resource and skills availability across the project portfolio.
- Directs and mentors program managers, project managers, portfolio managers and/or other project management staff.
- Identifies and recommends staff augmentation, either full-time or contract, to optimize support for the PMO demand.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in applying waterfall; agile and lean methodologies
- Developing and deploying portfolio; program; and project best practices, policies, procedures and processes.
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to effectively collaborate with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated skills in fact-based analysis, presentation, and interpersonal interaction.
- Skilled in presenting complex concepts and information to individuals and groups at all levels of the organization in a simple concise manner
- Ensures achievement of AOP goals and objectives
- Manages the financial performance of initiatives and takes appropriate steps to correct shortfalls
- Adept in using financial analytics for business decisions
- Defines success metrics and holds self and others accountable to them
- Provides input to key leadership positions about process improvement opportunities.
- Leverages the capabilities, ideas and processes within the team, across organizational boundaries, and across global boundaries.
- Collaborates with and manages multiple stakeholders including functional process owners as well as global sales leadership.
- Stays current with direction of business unit and articulates impact of functional organization to overall GSM strategy.
- Consistently moves problems toward resolution and helps others do the same
- Committed to developing strong relationships and collaborative partnerships
- Highly resilient; pursues tasks with drive and a sense of urgency
- Presents updates to senior leadership on progress towards goals
- Exhibits strong ethical values and drives this behavior in others
- Adept at leading change and managing through ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8years work experience in portfolio; program and project management roles
- 8years experiencerecruiting, managing, inspiring, and developing high performing global teams.
- 3years experience leading or managing a project management office (PMO)
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, MIS, finance or a related field
- PMI-PMP certification or equivalent
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Lean certification
- Prior experience in sales and sales processes; either direct or in a salessupport function
- Strong business / financial acumen
- P&L and general financial understanding
- Business experience on a global scale
- Exhibit a high level of energy and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven cross-functional / global leadership, coaching and influence skills.
- Potential for global travel up to 10% per year