POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Project Management Office (PMO) Manager is a leadership role in support of the Portfolio and Project Management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and toolset. This position will be a Lean-Agile leader, responsible for the adoption, success and ongoing improvement of Lean-Agile development in the organization. The Manager will provide guidance and manage resources with an overall goal of creating a learning organization and building relationships with managers, directors, leaders, and executives in other departments to define, prioritize and champion the evolution of SDLC standards in the organization.
- Champion and drive aid in the evolution of SDLC standards and communications within the organization, providing guidance to teams and direct reports as needed.
- Ensure critical issues are escalated and resolved quickly while implementing strategies and solutions to help reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence.
- Serve as a mentor/coach in Agile development principles and methodologies, working with teams to measure and drive continuous improvement in their ability to deliver high-quality software solutions using rapid, iterative development.
- Conduct audits and ensure adherence to SDLC standards including periodic reviews/ratings of other teams and facilitation of training and improvement opportunities as needed.
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers by fostering continuous engagement and improvement. This involves the ability to assign challenging work, share vision and set inspiring goals with continuous feedback and relentless improvement.
- Support impactful learning and growth by embedding training and development into the workflow and encouraging cross-role, cross-functional and cross-team training to further enhance skills, flexibility and utility of team members.
- Manage vendor relationships for multiple initiatives as needed.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART) and Solution Train using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanban and other information radiators.
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics where necessary.
- Provide input on resourcing and address critical bottlenecks.
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency.
- Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure adherence to Guardrails.
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of the project management methods and tools that are used as the standards within Herbalife.
- Support of the portfolio review process. This includes gathering status reports from various project managers, providing an overview of project portfolio health and leading portfolio review meetings.
- Assist with the implementation, management, and reinforcement of policies and practices that ensure repeatable successful SOX compliance within the Herbalife organization.
- Work with technical teams to troubleshoot issues with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and/or Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) software.
- Create and generate reports from PPM and ALM toolsets in order to provide metrics on project finances, resource assignment and allocations, etc. Generate ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Provide assessment of team’s adherence to SDLC policies and procedures and train individual and teams in ALM best practices.
- Manage large enterprise-wide projects when necessary.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Data driven with strong analytical and cross-group collaboration skills to bring the organization to consensus on decisions on both short and long-term product plans
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results under limited supervision
- Experience as a Scrum team member, preferably as a Scrum Master or as a Release Train Engineer with Scrum Master certification.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing, high-priority projects with varying deadlines
- Independent follow-through ability (attention to detail, monitoring and controlling)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals from different countries and cultures, with a sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Jira or related application experience and administration expertise
- MS Project, Primavera, Clarity or other Project Management tool expertise
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- 7 years demonstrated experience in the Technology/IT Industry
- 7 years demonstrated experience in project management and software development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field